Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today a S500 plug-in hybrid was revealed, packing a 329bhp 3.0-Liter V6 Turbocharged Engine with an 80kw electric motor. It's capable of driving up to 18.6 miles on electric power alone (yeah i know it's not much at all), but in full hybrid mode it can get up to 94 MPG's!

I think it's just a matter of time till this hybrid tech trickles down to the CLA, but when? I don't know.

Onto some questions...If Mercedes builds a CLA Plug-In Hybrid:

• How much would it cost?
  • What would it's city/highway/combined MPG be like?
  • How much power/torque would it have?
  • When can we expect it to become available?
  • Would you buy it?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Being that the Hybrid motor would change how the car drives quite a bit, I would look into it. 18.6 miles isn't very far at all, but it could probably cover most trips that I take in my car. CLA hasn't even come out yte in NA so I would say we would have to wait another year at the earliest to see a hybrid CLA.

It would make the CLA more appealing in my opinion.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm reading that the Mercedes-Benz S500 plug-In Hybrid will be able to go 100 milometers on just 3 liters of gasoline! That is incredible fuel efficiency. While we see this type of technology only on the higher end hybrids, soon all our cars will be this efficient. Mercedes is definitely one of the companies on the forefront of fuel efficiency though. Especially when you consider that they are affiliated with Smart Car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hybrid technology has been developing a lot faster than people think though. I think that we could be surprised with how quickly the fuel efficiency and technology trickles down to the lesser models. The hybrid technology would be introduced on other Mercedes models before the CLA though. CLA would probably be one of the last on the list.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Hybrid technology has been developing a lot faster than people think though. I think that we could be surprised with how quickly the fuel efficiency and technology trickles down to the lesser models. The hybrid technology would be introduced on other Mercedes models before the CLA though. CLA would probably be one of the last on the list.
yup, Hybrid and EV car sales are going crazy, there were some stats published that show how fast they're growing.

it would be a good idea if MB makes this happen with the CLA but shouldn't be a priority.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts