Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mercedes just announced official pricing for its new CLA compact car, which will start at $29,900.

When the car was officially unveiled during the 2013 Detroit Auto Show earlier this month, the maker promised its heavily stylized new car would ring in around $30,000. Mercedes revealed the starting price in a roundabout way, releasing it at the end of a commercial that will run during the upcoming Super Bowl.

More: Mercedes CLA Priced in Commercial, Starts at $29,900 on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a big commercial, having usher it in will definitely get people to remember it and pass the word on and the rest of the parts showing that the CLA is also about status ;)

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
That's the same price that the Mercedes B 250 hatch is selling for in Canada. I wonder what the CLA price will be up here. It _should_ be the same.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
That's the same price that the Mercedes B 250 hatch is selling for in Canada. I winder what the CLA price will be up here. It _should_ be the same.
typically the Canadian market "markup" is about $2000 - 3000, I'm going to put the mercedes CLA canadian price at about $31 900 to start.

i think i was reading somewhere that mercedes cla pricing for canada will be announced at the canadian international auto show later this month

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
It'll be a hard sell if it costs more than the B, unless it comes with more kit in its base model form.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It'll be a hard sell if it costs more than the B, unless it comes with more kit in its base model form.
True but I know many people that love the CLA that wouldn't want to be seen in a B-Class. The type of vehicle it is will make up for some of someones buying decision of buying the CLA over B-Class as long as their isn't a huge price difference.

I don't think there's enough info out on the CLA to do a fair comparison on it to the B-Class. Might have to wait till after the New York auto show to do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts