Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this picture it shows a CLA 45 AMG with rear passenger window down but the smaller piece is sticking up. Do you guys think this would be a safety hazards when passengers are getting out of the CLA?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Well I guess if you somehow slipped and jabbed your eye into it sure.

I am pretty sure it's dull though. You could fall and injure your knee just as likely lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can see a lot of broken windows happening because of that piece. Without the rest of the window to offer support, it looks pretty flimsy, well judging from the picture.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It is not the first time I have sen these types of windows and never thought of it being a safety hazard. There were never any reports for those vehicles that did come with these windows. But I guess when you do leave the car most of the time the windows are up.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Window safety locks. Keeps the kids from fooling with the knobs.
True.. that or just keep the kid away from the car :)

I always wondered about how safety is tested for teh smaller things. car companies do the usual smash test and make sure it passes safety ratings, but too often I've been in cars with snare traps (where you get your hand stuck somewhere) or things that when you think about a 4 year old, they could really hurt themselves!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts