Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
One thing he mentioned in the video was that the CLA development team is young. I think that's why the CLA does a good job at appealing to young people unlike other really boring compacts on the market. I wonder what the CLA would be like if it was developed by an older crowd, would it be the same?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I wonder what the CLA would be like if it was developed by an older crowd, would it be the same?
Probably not which is why they got a younger development team.

Reactions: BenzFan

·
Registered
945 Posts
Probably not which is why they got a younger development team.
I'm pretty sure no matter what team is assigned to developing a vehicle there must be some sort of guideline set out and the rest up to the assigned development team.

What do you think the CLA would be like if it was developed by an older crowd? Lets say... someone 30-40 years old.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think it will be the case of age for the designer but what they can bring to the table and how dynamic their ideas are. Either way Mercedes has its standards when it comes down to how their future vehicles look like.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm pretty sure no matter what team is assigned to developing a vehicle there must be some sort of guideline set out and the rest up to the assigned development team.

What do you think the CLA would be like if it was developed by an older crowd? Lets say... someone 30-40 years old.
Yeah a guideline is there from Mercedes and at the end the approval is from them. But maybe since the CLA is marketed for the younger crowd it might be better for a younger design crowd to help meet that criteria.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts