Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We won't see crash ratings for a few months after the car is released but I can tell from now that it'll basically be the same or similar to the A series

Here is a video of the A series testing from EuroNCAP

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
and if test dummie from mercedes ever turned on humans for putting them through so much it would look something like this...

Jokes aside, the CLa Chassis is based or the same as the A class so we can look at the results form the A class as well.

A-Class has passed the brand's rigorous programme of crash tests. This includes not only some 30 different impact configurations, which are laid down as requirements for safety ratings and international type approval, but also nine proprietary crash tests, such as the roof-drop test or the pole impact test, developed by the brand itself.The ability of the new A-Class to satisfy requirements which go far beyond the statutory conditions in some cases is also demonstrated by an internal offset front collision test against a future luxury-segment saloon from Mercedes-Benz: despite the high impact speed and the fact that it is the smaller accident participant, the A-Class offers its occupants an intact passenger compartment and excellent chances of survival.
The bodyshell structure provides the basis for the high standard of passive safety, both in terms of material - the proportion of high-strength and ultra-high-strength sheet steel stands at 67 percent - and with regard to its structural design. Key features of the front-end structure are the systematic implementation of an available crash length of 435 millimetres, load distribution over several planes, the new bulkhead and floor concept and the subframe as a deformation element.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's going to be a 5 star car. I don't expect it to be any less safe than a A class.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I got to say although this is a entry level costing luxury vehicle compared to a honda civic, Mercedes really didn't hold back on the safety. If you really want to compare the two on impact you will see that german steel doesnt crumple as hard upon impact.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I wonder how many stars the CLA will earn in the safety ratings amongst other competitors in its class. thats a lot of air bags, if they were to all go out then id imagine the car would be written off.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I found mercedes to be usually good with building safe cars, it's not their first time cramming in safety features in a small car, so i believe this car will be super safe. Plus looking at the above image showing it's safety features...it makes me believe this will get a 5 start U.S. safety rating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts