Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mercedes is planning a station wagon variant of its new CLA compact car that will arrive in 2015 according to sources inside the company.

The new model will be dubbed the CLA Shooting Brake (CLS Shooting Brake shown above), marking the fifth model to ride on Mercedes’ compact front-wheel drive platform. It joins both the A-Class and B-Class hatchbacks as well as the CLA and upcoming GLA crossover.

Availability of the CLA Shooting Brake here in North America is still unknown.

Company sources also confirmed to Automotive News that a CLA Convertible is off the table, along with a lower, shorter roadster variant of the car, though both of these body styles may be considered when the next iteration of the platform arrives in about five years.

[Source: Automotive News]​

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
really?! a station wagon! is there still a market for that stuff in north america?

shooting brakes might sell in europe. but I doubt they will bring it here....

·
Registered
238 Posts
You never know what Mercedes is willing to try. They could always try to revive a dead trend but you never know. We can;t base everything from the past. The new generation might take a bite out of the whole wagon thing.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I would love to see this happen, I think someone did a rendering of what the CLA shooting brake would look like and it's amazing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
MB may just offer the GLA as Americans tend to love their SUVs (in this case CUV).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts