Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mercedes a-class tuned by Vath gives us a good look at what we can expect them to do on the Mercedes CLA.

What do you guys like/dislike about what they did here? What would you like them to do on the CLA-Class?

CF Front Spoiler
Upgraded Brakes: Stainless Steel Brake Lines and Castrol SRF brake fluid
Lowering Springs (30mm drop)
19-inch wheels
Vath Aero Kit
Vath Exhaust
& more

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you ask me I'm a little disappointed at what they did. Pretty much a let down. So they stated there is a aero kit, where? Do you guys notice a difference except for the front lip slightly notched forward. And as for the brake upgrades, Why wouldn't they add a 4 or 6 pot brake caliper system and slotted rotors? I can understand that the exhaust system changes cant be physically seen but at least change up the exhaust types to differ from the factory. I really hope they have a tune for the ecu in terms of performance otherwise its a total flop.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
no engine tuning no care. They should have done a free flowing intake and exhaust and put out some dyno numbers to see if there is any increase.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like it. It's not showy like most kits are. This could pass on the road as a stock car to discerning eyes. It's a very clean look. I can't wait to see how Vath would tackle the CLA.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
BTW there are power upgrades to this Vath tuned A class

Through the use of a sports exhaust and some fettering with the electronics, the A250 now makes 245 PS (242bhp) and 390Nm (288 lb-ft). The same mods should easily apply to the CLA 250, which is definitely good news.
Exhaust and ECU t une give sit 242bhp. Not bad. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like it. It's not showy like most kits are. This could pass on the road as a stock car to discerning eyes. It's a very clean look. I can't wait to see how Vath would tackle the CLA.
You won't be saying that once you realize how much everything cost. Its not going to be worth and even if you have that kind of money to spend on the CLA you should spend it wisely to get results or something to serve a purpose. which this whole kit does neither.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasn't really a fan of the style of wheels on the A-Class turned by Vath in this thread but it seems they flow well with Mercedes design lines. With the CLA's rear sloping design it will probably look just as good. Anyone up to photoshop it :D

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
To be honest from the looks of this pic posted above this view just resembles the golf alot and even more with those wheels. It can really be mistaken for one from far. Just look at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts