Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some more revealing photos of the next-generation C-Class. Let's start a discussion on how they would compare.

Now that the CLA will be available in the U.S., Mercedes is expected to increase the base price of the C-Class by at least $3500. BMW made a similar move once the 320i was launched under the 328i. This change would make the C-Class even more expensive than a CLA. Would the additional money be worth it to you? Or do you prefer the CLA?

New Revealing Spy Shots of Next 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Carscoops

While we don't have any new information to report on the next iteration of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, what we do have to share with you are some very revealing scoop photos of a pre-production model without any camouflage that was nabbed just before the German carmaker's people threw a cover on it.
The pictures expose the profile and rear end design of the W205 codenamed C-Class that both look softer and less sculptured than on the current model, with the smooth rear bringing to mind the new S-Class, which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Along with the aforementioned images, our spies also took a few shots of a dressed up and far less exposed prototype of the C-Class on the road.

The new C-Class will begin its commercial career sometime next year. For the first time, it will be built in the United States at Mercedes-Benz's Tuscaloosa plant in Alabama and will be offered with a selection of turbocharged diesel and gasoline engines, culminating with an AMG high-performance version.

Later on, the brand with the star will enhance the sedan range with coupe, estate and in another first, a convertible body style.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The additional money will be worth it to me. The new C-Class styling which is very much like the new S-Class is more than enough of a reason to get it, even if it's a trim lower than I wanted.

My favorite thing about the S-Class were it's tail lights and how the rear end was shaped, the new C-Class seems to use a lot of that. See the pic's below...

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
well it's hard to say until we see the new C Class without its covers. Mercedes update for all their vehicles looks really good. The new tail light concept they are implementing is more modern than the last. I am guessing the interior will have similar looks to the CLA.

·
Registered
238 Posts

I like the new modern updated look of the C class I remember a while back there was a thread about how the C Class looks outdated. Well here we go this is the new refresh. I really want to see how much different the interior of the C Class to the CLA's interior. I wonder if they are going to use the round vents too.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I am sure the new C class will be an awesome car. It will be a tough debate. Of course it's also sort of a FWD vs RWD debate.

I have a feeling the C class will offer better comfort.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The front wheels are way too far forward, the rear door has a huge cutout in it indicating the wheelbase is too short at least at the back of the cabin.

Overall, the proportions of that car are strange. The bubble-shaped roof promises perhaps some rear headroom, but the long hood, bubble roof and almost non-existent trunk make it look very strange from the side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The C-Class offers more room for the rear, which makes it more of a passenger car. I've always been bothered by the tight headroom space in the CLA.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The front wheels are way too far forward, the rear door has a huge cutout in it indicating the wheelbase is too short at least at the back of the cabin.

Overall, the proportions of that car are strange. The bubble-shaped roof promises perhaps some rear headroom, but the long hood, bubble roof and almost non-existent trunk make it look very strange from the side.
I actually didn't see this, I think it looks fine. Maybe you just need to see it without all the camo, and probably some pictures of it at different angles. the wrong angle can make it look horrible.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts

I like the rear lower section of the rear bumper on the new C CLass compared to the CLA. That chrome shroud around the exhaust looks really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts