Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in both of these cars. For the CLA, I am only interested in the 4Matic. For the WRX, ideally I would like the STI, but I might just go with the base WRX.

They are priced about the same. I feel the WRX is a better performance car and the CLA is more about luxury. What other differences are there?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The STi will be a better high performance car; the Merc will be safer and slightly more comfortable.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The biggest differences between these two cars in my opinion, is the cost of ownership. German vehicles almost always have a much higher cost of ownership. I think it's one reason why some people may not get the CLA over the WRX. Thankfully the first years of ownership, you don't have to worry since manufactures warranty covers it all. BUT when warranty runs out on the CLA....good luck.

Subaru has a good track record of reliability and dependability but not as bad as the CLA.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
You guys compare some weird cars on this forum.

The WRX in any trim has a basic interior. It has no where near the comfort of the Mercedes.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not the usual cars people would compare since they are in completely different segments. With the Subaru STI the majority of what your paying for is for performance. For the Mercedes CLA it's much more comfortable and no signs of a cheap interior here. Funny how the Subaru Sti stacks up in price but still lacks a decent interior.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The STI and CLA don't really compare. One is focused on comfort and luxury, the other performance. Though I can see younger buyers having a hard time picking which car and priority they want.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The subaru wrx offers performance but suffers from lack of quality and materials on the interior. The CLA does offer a nice interior from what we can see but does however have potential with aftermarket parts since its a turbo. Im interested to see what the CLa engine is capable of in terms of power.

So pretty much it comes down to status and class when consumers pick the CLA and just strictly for performance when they opt to go with the suabru wrx. I mean if you really wanted to narrow it down.

·
Registered
166 Posts
seat stiff suspension stiff everything stiff! but to some those are quality features and more enjoyable since they "feel" more connect with thecar and road but that is just nonsense. Who in the right mind would enjoy such a thing except for piston heads. The CLA is a much more classy and comfortable car which the subaru doesn't have.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still considering both. I do recognize this cars aren't in the same segment. But money is money and the they're at a very similar price point. Subaru is changing the STI next year to be more of a road car rather than a rally. I really like the new look of the concept.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
If the Subaru tickles your fancy go for it.

Personally I think the Mercedes CLA is the nicer car.

There is just something about saying "I drive a Subaru"

that rolls off wrong.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
My neighbor has an STi and that sucker is loud. I find it a little too annoying. I think the CLA45 is a bit more classier.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think the concept between a mercedes and subaru are different. One is know for its luxury and one for more performance and capabilities towards it. Subaru is pretty well know in the rally world, the WRC for example. Mercedes is spoken about for its class and luxury.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts