Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No stats to prove it but it's what I believe will happen.
The CLA being a world vehicle, or at least a vehicle sold in many nations, being very affordable, will spark a demand for OEM CLA parts or even full running CLA's, which would be stolen and shipped off to another nation.

At the moment here are the top most stolen luxury vehicles:

Luxury Vehicle Thefts by Make & Model

1. Mercedes-Benz C Class- 485

2. BMW 3 Series- 471

3. Infiniti G Series- 405

4. Mercedes-Benz E Class- 381

5. Cadillac CTS- 326

6. BMW 5 Series-256

7. Lincoln MKZ-226

8. Acura TSX- 190

9. Lexus IS- 177

10. Mercedes-Benz S Class- 163

·
Registered
109 Posts
We will have to see how the CLA sells before making such a bold prediction. Sure, Mercedes-Benz is already on the list three times, but I hesitate to say a car that hasn't been released yet will be stolen the most out of any luxury vehicle.

Will it get stolen sometimes? Yes.
Will it be stolen the most? I am going to say probably not.

·
Registered
186 Posts
wont be surprised if car hackers intercept the channel and end up having all the functions that the owner would with a key fob

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just don't leave expensive things in your car.. don't wash it.. leave some bird doo on the front, nobody will want it.

To be honest, I bet people would steal my LV before they steal my CLA... one can be grabbed quickly (and is real, thank you very much!) and the other will have the cops after you. Cops in Miami can be vicious on car thieves ...

Lisa

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just don't leave expensive things in your car.. don't wash it.. leave some bird doo on the front, nobody will want it.

To be honest, I bet people would steal my LV before they steal my CLA... one can be grabbed quickly (and is real, thank you very much!) and the other will have the cops after you. Cops in Miami can be vicious on car thieves ...

Lisa

Reactions: lisabenz

·
Registered
54 Posts
The top 3 on the list doesn't surprise me at all. I just never knew they were the most stolen luxury vehicles. Now to think of it those are the most common ones you see on the road from the road.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
If the C class made it to being the most stolen then yeah I would be worried about the CLA. The new sporty luxury compact.

I can see thieves wanting to take them especially after the first few months of release.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh you guys just wait till the younger crowd get these and start modding them. Parts are going to be like gold on the streets. Don't forget how expensive the parts will be at the dealerships.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The street value for MB parts is where the money is at and the thieves are going to get in to the market for that. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stolen parts end up on ebay.

·
Registered
54 Posts
lowjack for the win.
Lowjack is good for the aftermath but it won't stop it from being taken though.

I would still invest in the system. Police do have a scanner. when a low jack equipped vehicle has been reported, it sends of a signal and the receiver will detect the stolen vehicle in it's vicinity.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
From what i heard depending on the state only 1 out of 20 patrol cars have the receiver for the signal or beacon. Pretty cool though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Now you guys got me worried about getting the CLA. No turning back now we already made a deposit. How bad could it be though it is a Honda civic...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now you guys got me worried about getting the CLA. No turning back now we already made a deposit. How bad could it be though it is a Honda civic...
This doesn't make me feel any better but you have to take precaution and be aware.

I don't want to say it but the price range is in the region of a honda civic si but obviously way more luxurious. So that crowd will have an option to look in to hoping in to the CLa band wagon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh you guys just wait till the younger crowd get these and start modding them. Parts are going to be like gold on the streets. Don't forget how expensive the parts will be at the dealerships.
Does that happen with new model years or is that usually a few years after it's out? Can the young crowd afford the mods?

Not that I'd ever mod my car, I'd be scared of hurting the car.. but just curious!

Lisa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts