Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mercedes’ newest and smallest AMG performance car is shaping up to be even faster than previously thought.

It’s 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine sends 355 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque to all four-wheels via the latest version of Mercedes’ 4Matic all-wheel drive. Previously, the brand said it would run from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds, but during testing at Willow Springs International Speedway this week is showing the car reaching that speed in 4.4 seconds – a tenth of a second faster than previously thought. Its top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph.

Dealers will begin taking delivery of the hot little car next month and pricing is supposed to start at $48,375 including delivery. That pice includes a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, which is the only gearbox offered.

Mercedes is testing its entire AMG product line at Willow Springs, just outside L.A. this week for the “Best of AMG” event.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There is no news like good news. An for the price this AMG is gaining attention fast with potential buyers.

I wonder what the AMg line up is going to be like at the event.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I hope they have enough spare tires because every car's gonna need them after 2 laps. :eek:

They should bring in that crazy SLS Electric. Except after one lap it will need to recharge for a week. But it'll blow all the other AMGs out of the water for that one lap! :D

I hope sooner or later they allow the option of the 5.5L in the C63. While I love the sound and pull of the 6.2, it just isn't practical. Dressing up the 6.2 in a "practical" compact luxury car is like putting a Kardashian in a graduation hat. It doesn't change the fact that there's nothing under the hat. Having a practical car with that engine still doesn't make it any more crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts