Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
How exactly does that roof rack attach? Is that a permanent fixture that is drilled in? Or is it clipped in some how?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question. There could already be clips inside the weatherstripping part of the pillar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How much do you want to bet that bike rack will cost over $500. Mercedes branded bike rack will be expensive for sure.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
How exactly does that roof rack attach? Is that a permanent fixture that is drilled in? Or is it clipped in some how?
If it's anything like many cars and SUVs out in the market now there are probably 4 attachment points or anchors (one at each corner) built in to the roof for the rack towers to attach to. No big mystery there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If it's anything like many cars and SUVs out in the market now there are probably 4 attachment points or anchors (one at each corner) built in to the roof for the rack towers to attach to. No big mystery there.
Correct, and sometimes there's a removable trim piece to expose the mounting area's, I haven't seen what the Mercedes CLA roof is like but chances are it has this removable trim piece, might be a bit tricky to remove it though.

Hopefully these roof racks don't damage the roof if part of it actually sits on the roof. I seen how bad roof mounted things can get, leaving it's own outline that just leads to really big problems down the road.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My question is what is with the nail polish?

Mercedes to to do this to me it seems like a cry out to the other gender for appeal. I'm guessing it is the same color as the yellow stripes in the edition 1 CLA stitching. Maybe there is a whole make up kit that evolves around the Mercedes CLA's trims.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts