Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
How exactly does that roof rack attach? Is that a permanent fixture that is drilled in? Or is it clipped in some how?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question. There could already be clips inside the weatherstripping part of the pillar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How much do you want to bet that bike rack will cost over $500. Mercedes branded bike rack will be expensive for sure.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
How exactly does that roof rack attach? Is that a permanent fixture that is drilled in? Or is it clipped in some how?
If it's anything like many cars and SUVs out in the market now there are probably 4 attachment points or anchors (one at each corner) built in to the roof for the rack towers to attach to. No big mystery there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If it's anything like many cars and SUVs out in the market now there are probably 4 attachment points or anchors (one at each corner) built in to the roof for the rack towers to attach to. No big mystery there.
Correct, and sometimes there's a removable trim piece to expose the mounting area's, I haven't seen what the Mercedes CLA roof is like but chances are it has this removable trim piece, might be a bit tricky to remove it though.

Hopefully these roof racks don't damage the roof if part of it actually sits on the roof. I seen how bad roof mounted things can get, leaving it's own outline that just leads to really big problems down the road.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My question is what is with the nail polish?

Mercedes to to do this to me it seems like a cry out to the other gender for appeal. I'm guessing it is the same color as the yellow stripes in the edition 1 CLA stitching. Maybe there is a whole make up kit that evolves around the Mercedes CLA's trims.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
the Brabus CLA description in this thread says tailpipe: http://www.mercedesclaforum.com/forum/new-2014-cla-general-discussion-forum/738-official-brabus-tuned-mercedes-cla-photo-gallery-inside.html

so im going to guess that it's just a cosmetic thing and nothing that serves a real purpose.
That is a possibility for it just to be the tips that are changed. Depends what the price was for that package of what Brabus did to the CLA. the price would justify if that was a rear section or just tips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts