Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn, I just got another two $500 savings certificates in the mail. One for my American Express Mercedes-Benz card and a $500 Private Savings offer. Both state they are combinable with Guest Appreciation and MBCA certificates. Had I realized this I could have gotten a total of $4,928 including the 7% discount my dealer gave me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would very much like to however the certificates are recipient specific and can only be used for cars registered in the name on the certificate. I can always help negotiate a CLA for you of you buy local to me in either CT or San Francisco.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I got a $500 certificate from my dealer a week after I got my CLA. I think they're messing with me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The $500 is a perk of the MB Amex card. It's just like the Executive Allowance. It's person specific (hell, I had to have MB give me my individual EA code). Sign up for an MB Amex card and you can get the $500, but you need to charge $5k to the card first.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The $500 is a perk of the MB Amex card. It's just like the Executive Allowance. It's person specific (hell, I had to have MB give me my individual EA code). Sign up for an MB Amex card and you can get the $500, but you need to charge $5k to the card first.
Do the MB Dealer's honor the AMEX $500 Gift Certificate as cash to purchase a new MB? My point being, I already negotiated a final price for my new CLA and upon delivery early next year, I will be purchasing it - So can I use these Gift Certificates as form of payment as well? I was able to get $1000 off MSRP and if I can use the $500 Gift Certificates on top of it, it looks like I'll be going on a $5k spending spree by year's end. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I do not have the MB Amex card myself so all I know is what is on Amex about the card and what I've heard. Your best bet is to ask the dealer if they would honor it and ask Amex what is an expected ETA for the $500 since at the very earliest it would be after the current billing cycle (or later if you don't have the card yet). Also I do not know if this credit is usable when you cross 5k or if it is based on the previous year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do not have the MB Amex card myself so all I know is what is on Amex about the card and what I've heard. Your best bet is to ask the dealer if they would honor it and ask Amex what is an expected ETA for the $500 since at the very earliest it would be after the current billing cycle (or later if you don't have the card yet). Also I do not know if this credit is usable when you cross 5k or if it is based on the previous year.
FYI for those interested in purchasing a car in the near future - Talked to the AMEX Representative and the $500 Gift Certificate is issued as soon as you cross the $5k threshold and takes approximately 6-8 weeks to process and deliver. Also, the $5k spending is based on your Anniversary Year (and not Calendar Year like I was hoping).

The card cost's $95/year, but since you get $500 off, you're still up $405. The timing looks like it will work out nicely for me, so I just signed up for it and hopefully my dealer will honor it.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/mercedes-benz/25330

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And you also get 1,000 in excess mileage waived on leased MBs. This is worth upwards of $250.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The one thing to consider though is how the credit check will affect your credit, and therefore affect your financing/leasing of the car when you get it. Hard credit checks (which Amex will do) last a LONG time on your credit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts