Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
from the article:

Yes, you could have a lightly pre-owned C63 AMG for the same money. And it would be an altogether different car--wildly assertive, frantic, even bellicose. The CLA45 AMG isn't any of those these. It's reassuring, direct, deceptive only in how fast you can go before it washes its hands of the track, the surface, and you. It's a different neural pathway for AMG, for sure.
i think thats one of the better ways to tell people why they should go for a CLA 45 AMG over a C63 AMG, thats if they dont care for a true RWD setup.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It may be a new direction in which AMG sees the way their cars will be driven. I wonder what they say about the E63/CLS63 S models with 4matic drivetrains?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
It's the affordable AMG. Different ownership and driving experience vs the other AMGs.

Well first of all it's 4Matic with a FWD bias.

I don't think AMG buyers expected that one. Some AMG owners might get the CLA 45 as a daily but I think most CLA 45 AMG buyers are first time AMG owners.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's the affordable AMG. Different ownership and driving experience vs the other AMGs.

Well first of all it's 4Matic with a FWD bias.

I don't think AMG buyers expected that one. Some AMG owners might get the CLA 45 as a daily but I think most CLA 45 AMG buyers are first time AMG owners.
Yup. Most AMG owners actually know about cars and LOVE their RWD, plus they can already afford it so why not, I doubt that crowd would step down to a FWD bias Benz, usually it's the other way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts