Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the MM package comes with a 6 disc CD/DVD player. I get the CD part but what are you suppose to do with the DVD player? Does it actually play DVDs and display in on the 7" screen? Or can you add an external monitor to it for rear seat DVD viewing?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I had an '06 Lex for a year. By inputting about 6 different things in the proper order, it would play while in motion. Except for the power, that was the most interesting thing about the car.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had an '06 Lex for a year. By inputting about 6 different things in the proper order, it would play while in motion. Except for the power, that was the most interesting thing about the car.
Hmmm... I wonder if there's a code to break to get the MM package to do the same. This will save me the hassle of putting a DVD player in the back seat for our son on our long drives to Canada.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Tony,
I did it once, just to verify that I could, and then only used it a couple of times while waiting in "short time parking" at the airport. I forget now if Lex just made the hack more difficult or impossible in '07.
I thought, and still think, that it is too easy to be distracted for just the wrong instant if the screen is within your vision. Pretty soon your wife or navigator will want to watch too, then you're distracted for that instant, and you kill some poor, innocent, crippled little girl who is a genius earning 5 million per year, and the sole support of her family and two charities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts