Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I've had my E1 for a couple of months but due to my job I have not had the time to actually learn what it does. Until now, I just started playing with it and one of the first thing I wanted to do was to upload music. I have tried via USB, MP3 via CD and also burned DVD as the dealer suggested. Nothing works. Has anybody had any luck uploading the musig register other than using original CD's?

Thanks
The Gap

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Hi everyone.
I've had my E1 for a couple of months but due to my job I have not had the time to actually learn what it does. Until now, I just started playing with it and one of the first thing I wanted to do was to upload music. I have tried via USB, MP3 via CD and also burned DVD as the dealer suggested. Nothing works. Has anybody had any luck uploading the musig register other than using original CD's?

Thanks
The Gap
I don't know about using USB but I have loaded music from CDs to the music register and it is quite simple. The only thing is you have to use orginal CDs, not a copy of a CD or a CD that you've burned with your favorite songs. You can certainly still play them, you just can't save them to the music register. So try it with an original CD and see how that goes. Since no music comes on a DVD disc I'm going to assume it was a blank that you've burned music to therefore it's not original and won't download to the register. I know it sucks that you have to use orginal CDs but the good thing is you don't have to save every song on the CD. Once you start the saving process you can pick and choose which songs you want to save so the HDD space isn't being used up by crappy filler songs you don't listen to anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know about using USB but I have loaded music from CDs to the music register and it is quite simple. The only thing is you have to use orginal CDs, not a copy of a CD or a CD that you've burned with your favorite songs. You can certainly still play them, you just can't save them to the music register. So try it with an original CD and see how that goes. Since no music comes on a DVD disc I'm going to assume it was a blank that you've burned music to therefore it's not original and won't download to the register. I know it sucks that you have to use orginal CDs but the good thing is you don't have to save every song on the CD. Once you start the saving process you can pick and choose which songs you want to save so the HDD space isn't being used up by crappy filler songs you don't listen to anyway.
what about if its a true MP3 CD with all song data included?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
what about if its a true MP3 CD with all song data included?
Don't know. Feel free to give it a shot and let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts