Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the market for the 45 AMG.. Problem is I wanted to get a car before the holidays arrived and my dealer is not very reassuring as to when the car would arrive...

Ive been looking at the E350 Coupe.. It is what I originally wanted to buy before the CLA was launched.

I do love the E class interior and build. The build material and quality is just a step above the CLA. I haven't seen the CLA 45 AMG in person yet so I can't say for sure. I am only comparing the CLA 250 to the E350 - I know it's not a fair comparison.

Do you think the CLA 45 AMG will have a noticeably nicer interior? Maybe as nice as the E class?
The 45 AMG will probably have better performance stats compared to the E class. But the E class MIGHT have a nicer and more comfortable ride and interior.

some photos for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
433 Posts
No chance to get a CLA45 if you're ordering now (looking at the picture you're either US or Canada?) by the holidays, unless you happen to run across the few showroom cars being shipped and get them before anyone else. And in no way is the interior as nice as an E-class. Going by other AMGs, the interiors are roughly the same as the base models. Seats and steering wheel are the big difference, but no Recaro's going to be as comfortable as an E-class' seats.

Depends on how much you would build the 45 to be, but I would look at the E550. I've seen the CLA45 get to the $70ks.

If you want comfort and a nice ride, ALWAYS take the regular Mercedes over the AMG.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you want comfort and a nice ride, ALWAYS take the regular Mercedes over the AMG.
Agree, if you want a more serene and less active ride get an E. Think of the CLA as a teenager and the E as more of an adult (and the S like an elder gentleman).

·
Registered
433 Posts
Agree, if you want a more serene and less active ride get an E. Think of the CLA as a teenager and the E as more of an adult (and the S like an elder gentleman).
I must be getting tired, and I just saw the CNN article about Blue is the Warmest Color, but boy can that be taken in an interesting way. :p

You could always look at a Jag too at that price. Especially since Jag has learned reliability from the Indians of all places (says a lot about Ford in the 00's and British Leyland). Jags are a nice gentlemany car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Intersting, thanks for the idea! I've been interested in the CLA 45 for some time but theres a waiting list stretching all the way to end of '14, early '15. Might actually consider an E coupe like this. Any word on payment structure, I have to imagine the difference/month would be negligible...

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Do you like apples or oranges better? One is a wanna-be luxo barge, and the other a wanna-be sports coupe. None of us can pick your poison for you.

Reactions: BenzFan

·
Registered
945 Posts
Do you like apples or oranges better? One is a wanna-be luxo barge, and the other a wanna-be sports coupe. None of us can pick your poison for you.
Exactly.

E-Class coupes are sad. I rather have an E-Class sedan.

CLS & CL coupes are where it's at :D just saying!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Exactly.

E-Class coupes are sad. I rather have an E-Class sedan.

CLS & CL coupes are where it's at :D just saying!
I agree. The new 2014 E sedans rock.

However, I love my old 2007 CL 600 and current CLS 550.

·
Registered
507 Posts
@AMG4Matic you have good taste, that's a beautiful looking car. I can see the dilemma on price. Is the one they're offering you heavily discounted?

Joe

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The E Sedan is fantastically better inside than the CLA, in every way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts