Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to put together my order for a CLA with my local Mercedes salesman, but he is absolutely clueless on this car. Says that Mercedes hasn't given him much, he doesn't have an allocation, yadda yadda. Why is Mercedes corporate making this so difficult? I would think that a new model launch should be accompanied with an over-abundance of information, to provide all the necessary details before we can actually see, touch, and feel all the options.

Waiting for my dealer to get more facts. I'm sure he'll follow up with me eventually. :rolleyes:

How is it that this forum has made me more educated on the CLA than even my salesman!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are not alone.

I am sure the dealer would rather see any one of us buy a CLS or anything on their lot. They would rather NOT let us order a car. And, if your dealer finds one somewhere else, the other dealer may not actually sell it to your dealer; or may charge some huge premium for transporting it to them. This is not just MB, but just about any car dealership.

Be patient, order it and wait... it will be worth your while... IMHO.

BTW, I've always known more than any dealer. Just how it is when you've been a car nut for nigh on 55 years or more.

Nick

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not surprised at all, I've worked in a dealership before and sometimes they just hire anyone with a pretty face and a good voice to be a salesperson, sad. Sometimes they know F*** all about cars, you'll see them running to more knowledgeable people every second they have a question

·
Registered
257 Posts
There are knowledgeable people with pretty faces. but a rare case most of the women that sell cars rely on their looks anyways. This forum alone have brought me way more information than any salesman has. I bet you I would win if I had to compete with one of them for information.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Each salesmen has training classes where they get brochures on the new product (CLA) they are briefed with marketing information and numbers and specs. Anything beyond that you can just expect to find it somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
welcome to dealerships.

90% of sales persons do not know their cars that well apart from general specifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts