Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering a black CLA now and need help from recent owners who ordered sport package. Does the latest orders with sport come with "runflat" 18 inch summer tires and if not what does it have? I need to be able to run winter tires also and to save money, I can just get a set of tires and have them switched every season on the same factory 18" wheels but the tire shop won't install non runflat winter tires if it has runflats already.
The other option is ordering from tirerack a whole other set of wheels, tires and Tpms and switch myself but that's a $1000 additional expense I would rather use on bi-xenon.
I'm not leasing, so I'm trying to keep my out the door price at $35k if I can.
I am hoping to have- night black, sport package, sunroof, heated seats and bi-xenon. It prices out more than that on the MB website though.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I will be ordering a black CLA now and need help from recent owners who ordered sport package. Does the latest orders with sport come with "runflat" 18 inch summer tires and if not what does it have? I need to be able to run winter tires also and to save money, I can just get a set of tires and have them switched every season on the same factory 18" wheels but the tire shop won't install non runflat winter tires if it has runflats already.
The other option is ordering from tirerack a whole other set of wheels, tires and Tpms and switch myself but that's a $1000 additional expense I would rather use on bi-xenon.
I'm not leasing, so I'm trying to keep my out the door price at $35k if I can.
I am hoping to have- night black, sport package, sunroof, heated seats and bi-xenon. It prices out more than that on the MB website though.
I decided to get a set of 18" winter run-flat tires/wheels combo with TPMS from Tirerack for just under $2000 and I think it was worth it. With the Sports package you cannot down size to 17" for winters because the small size wheel won't fit over the larger front brake calipers that come with the Sports package.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more question, I live about two hours from the dealership and have received an email price quote for the options set up I want. It's about 3% under msrp so I think it's ok. They also say I can place my deposit over the phone. Should I have something more concrete and signed concerning the price quote or is their email ok? If I can at least get the process done over the phone it saves a day off driving to Boston. What's the normal thing to do? I've never ordered before.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
One more question, I live about two hours from the dealership and have received an email price quote for the options set up I want. It's about 3% under msrp so I think it's ok. They also say I can place my deposit over the phone. Should I have something more concrete and signed concerning the price quote or is their email ok? If I can at least get the process done over the phone it saves a day off driving to Boston. What's the normal thing to do? I've never ordered before.
What you can do is ask them to either email or fax you a letter indicating the agreed upon price and your deposit. You sign it and send it back. I would leave a deposit with your credit card. This way if the deal falls through you'll have an easier way of getting your deposit back. Although I didn't have to order my car, that was what I did to put a deposit down on a car they had on their lot in order to secure it so they won't sell it to anyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tony. I'll call the sales rep in a few hours to arrange what you said. Looks like I decided to order the same CLA you have. Black, sports package, bi-xenon , pan roof, but with only heated seats for other options. I have to keep the cost down cause I'm just waiting for them to nail me on the 08 Saab 9-3 I'm trading in. Fun, unique European car but when they went under in the U.S. So did the resale value.
How did your Blizzaks do in the snow and ice?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Thanks Tony. I'll call the sales rep in a few hours to arrange what you said. Looks like I decided to order the same CLA you have. Black, sports package, bi-xenon , pan roof, but with only heated seats for other options. I have to keep the cost down cause I'm just waiting for them to nail me on the 08 Saab 9-3 I'm trading in. Fun, unique European car but when they went under in the U.S. So did the resale value.
How did your Blizzaks do in the snow and ice?
The Blizzaks are awesome. I've had them on my other car for 5 winters so I know how well they perform and the set I got for my CLA was no exception. We have had a particularly bad winter here in the north east as you know and I never got stuck with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts