Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Negotiate MSRP

42442 Views 66 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Administrator
I am going to pre-order CLA 250 with the premium and multimedia packages (~35,000). I dont want to pay the full MSRP. What are the common discounts?
I am financing the car (Leasing is not an option at this time)
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Guys there is 6% mark up from dealer invoice to MSRP and most dealerships are going to be someone in the middle of that for good clients. The supply and demand is still very high on the CLA

If you are stating that you recieved 12.5% off of MSRP, that would be next to impossible. Employee pricing is 12.25% of MSRP and is only available for Mercedes Certified employees.
In your experience, how long does a new AMG need to be sitting around before you can negotiate? Or is it always MSRP? Also with RS's.
Sleepy, alot of it depends on the deal in my mind. We will discount AMG models, but depends on the client, car, etc. There is no reason to discount CLA45s due to demand. MB is back ordered 600 plus vehicles. We have had very good luck at my store with Audi RS models selling 6 coupes, 2 Cabs and an RS7. All were at list, now for returning VIP clients, the sky is the limit. If a guy buys 3 cars a year, you do your best to help him out.
That makes sense. I'm asking because the local Audi dealer has what appears to me a lot of new S5's (7) and no RS's. I'm not in the market for those, and I know S isn't AMG/M, but it struck me as a lot and that they must consider haggling to move them. Then again, I've seen a lot of S's on the road compared to M's and AMGs. I did consider a C63 AMG coupe for a brief second when I went in to get a first look at a CLA250. I've always liked the C63 but the coupe was too wasteful (all that weight for a rear seat that's never going to be used other than to torture people) to buy. I considered it because that one had been on the floor for almost a year (it's a new dealership and that car had been there since the beginning). I was actually going to try to haggle it just to get an idea of how far they would go on a rare/expensive but difficult to move AMG but debated against it since I was obviously in the market for something else. It's kind of hard to hide that when you come in to test their first CLA250 and then go immediately to discussing buying a CLA45.

On a side note, how does having the Employee Allowance Bonus factor into your thinking, if at all? And is it a somewhat common thing to see amongst buyers?
See less See more
CLA 250 deal

Hi everyone!

I recently ordered the CLA 250 in white with the sports package, panoramic sun roof & heated seats. MSRP was close to 35k. I closed the deal for 33k. They also added in all weather tires are and paying for any fees I incur when turning in my current Acura lease. In addition, they'll give me a loaner if my new car isn't here by the time my current lease is due back. What do you guys think of this deal?

The car is expected to arrive the first week of June. Is Mercedes pretty accurate with arrival dates?
Hi everyone!

I recently ordered the CLA 250 in white with the sports package, panoramic sun roof & heated seats. MSRP was close to 35k. I closed the deal for 33k. They also added in all weather tires are and paying for any fees I incur when turning in my current Acura lease. In addition, they'll give me a loaner if my new car isn't here by the time my current lease is due back. What do you guys think of this deal?

The car is expected to arrive the first week of June. Is Mercedes pretty accurate with arrival dates?
Sounds good to me.
I think it depends on the circumstances.

I got 3k off of about 35K, because the less optioned out model they promised me for about 31K they could not deliver on the schedule I was promised. The options were not what I would have picked if I was to pay full retail but hey it was a deal.
Another thing to factor in, MB dealers do not nickel and dime you on your trade-in as much as other dealers do. I got an extra 2K on my Jetta diesel compared to what the VW dealer offered.
I think anyone who believes she/he/it can negotiate $5K off MSRP on a CLA is a customer for a very nice bridge I have for sale.
Word is bomb, maybe at the end of the year but not now.
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.