Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! As my title says, Im interested in the CLA250, but am alittle worried about it. My family and I only owned honda so this is the first euro/luxury car. Is the maintenence on a MB going to be a lot more compared to a normal car? I keep hearing people say "expect to pay double for oil change." etc. Should I take this into consideration when deciding what car to buy? Im okay with the out the door / price on the car. But I dont want to get screwed or in over my head in hidden cost (upkeep & repairs) I know the first 3-5 years are under warranty, If i was to purchase instead of lease, will i have to worry after the warranty is over?

This lead me to my next question. Do people usually lease or purchase to own MB / luxury euro cars? All my friends say lease since the resell and maintenance after warranty is expensive. But I'm don't know how I feel about putting money in just renting? What did you do? Pros n cons?

Thank you all for all your imput! And congrats to all the CLA owners so far!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I personally hate Leased vehicles. I leased a 2011 VW Jetta and it was a complete nightmare. Leasing is pretty popular in the states but man, I wish I could go back in time and finance instead of leasing.

The average cost of ownership (5 years) for a C-Class is around $20,000 which makes it $4000 a year, depreciation being it's most influential at almost 50% (So it isn't exactly money coming out of your pocket, because you already paid for it) but the other 50% is fuel, maintenance, insurance, repairs and finance (when applies). I don't think the price of the CLA is going to be much different.

But then again this is uncertain, it's such a new car that nobody has this information as more specific to the CLA.

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts