Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's share photos of Northern Lights Violet CLA in this thread. It's a polarizing color that I would like to see more photos of.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Looks purple.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I've seen a couple of other pics, but this is the first one that makes it look - - - purple.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wow that looks pretty good, looking forward to some more pics

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen a couple of other pics, but this is the first one that makes it look - - - purple.
Precisely. And that can be a good or a bad thing depending on your perspective -- hence why I think this is a very polarizing color.

If you buy it, you better love it, because this color will adversely affect resale value.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This reminds me of that purple-ish color Infiniti has, anyone know what im talking about? or better yet know what it's called? seems like this is close to it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This reminds me of that purple-ish color Infiniti has, anyone know what im talking about? or better yet know what it's called? seems like this is close to it.
I am not an Infiniti guy (have always preferred my Benzes), but a friend of mine has a G35 in the color I believe you're speaking of, and it's called Malbec Black.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am not an Infiniti guy (have always preferred my Benzes), but a friend of mine has a G35 in the color I believe you're speaking of, and it's called Malbec Black.
Yeah it's Malbec Black, I love it, it's one of the colors that really made me give the Infiniti I saw it on a second look. But there's just something about a Mercedes and the color that MB picks for it, that combination cannot be compared to anything else, it's art.

Malbec Black Infiniti

·
Registered
79 Posts
the Infiniti looks a little darker than the CLA though, the CLA is more purple... I really want to see some photos of Norther Lights Violet at night, I think thats where the color will really have an impact. I'm sure most of the time at night it will look black but when the street lights hit it the right way you get a flash of purple....

I'd consider it, definitely unique. I'm sure 95% of CLA's will be white, silver or black anyways...

·
Registered
945 Posts
the Infiniti looks a little darker than the CLA though, the CLA is more purple... I really want to see some photos of Norther Lights Violet at night, I think thats where the color will really have an impact. I'm sure most of the time at night it will look black but when the street lights hit it the right way you get a flash of purple....

I'd consider it, definitely unique. I'm sure 95% of CLA's will be white, silver or black anyways...
tough to say
these colors seem like colors that are hard to photograph and get the same consistent look. probably best to do a side by side with both cars at the same location to get a real look and comparison

1 - 12 of 12 Posts