Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another review about the CLA. You won't find much new that you haven't heard in other reviews, but its still good to look at to get a better idea of what to expect from the CLA.

The final thought of the review reads, "Keep it basic and the CLA250 is a solid entry to Mercedes-Benz ownership. Too many extras only bumps the price into dangerous territory where larger, more desirable cars (including Mercedes' own C-Class models) are better deals."

I think that is a pretty accurate review too. Great for people who don't want to spend too much, but easy to starting costing too much pretty fast if you add on options. At that point you might want to consider your other options.

Major competitors: Cadillac ATS, BMW 3-Series, Acura TSX, Volkswagen CC

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/2014-mercedes-benz-cla-works-best-simple-article-1.1508656

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my comparisons with other cars, including the Audi A4, the CLA 250 always comes out ahead in terms of bang for buck. A comparable 2014 A4 with AWD and a 7 speed automatic transmission with a Premium Plus package still costs a few thousand more than a similarly equipped CSL (minus the AWD).

Also, options like Blind Spot Assist are MUCH cheaper ($500 versus $1K).

The CLA Multimedia and Leather options are not worth the extra money, in my opinion, but a $30K MSRP with a few goodlies like the Premium Package, upgraded wheels, and Blind Spot Assist come in around $36K. This stacks up nicely against the Cadillac & the Audi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts