Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still have not heard of a 250 4matic actually being delivered in usa. i know a couple of folks have been promised by the end of this month. funny, it is scarcer than the cl45 4matic. im not complaining....yet....:confused:
fred from nashville

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well the word is that Mercedes underestimated demand for the car so there's been a backlog of orders for all models. So I expect they're probably short on chassis and parts for what's already ordered. The AWD's probably backlogged due to that. Heck, the AMG's been backlogged for a while now too. I guess that's good in one sense, but it doesn't make waiting any more fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been waiting since summer. i was told that early spring was probable due date. was hoping to drive it down to daytona in early may. dont know now. might get stuck (lol) driving my 2010 c300 4matic down. well, we all must suffer. just joking. i did not want to put the extra 1500 miles on it before i traded it in. but im not crying (maybe the beginning of a slight whine)
fred from nashville

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well unless it comes soon I'd probably take the C300 anyways. You want to be able to break in a car nicely. A 1500 road trip, even if it is highway, is a bit of a brutal break-in. Especially if you find yourself stuck in 20 decades of idling/stop/start in Atlanta. :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got that right for atlanta. thats why i leave nashville on sunday morning. ill tell you one thing, if you go the posted speed limit youll become a smudge on the pavement!

·
Registered
18 Posts
cant wait to hear the results. tell us/me about it when it arrives. pics, pics, pics
Oh trust me there will be many pix. And if someone cooperates, there might even be some double dose CLA pix.

Are you right in Nashville? I was there last weekend visiting my mom who lives up in Pleasant View. Almost fell to my knees when I saw she had parked next to an Edition 1 in the airport garage.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine landed in Baltimore this past week, so we'll see how long it is before I take delivery. Zilla, it better not be months. If it is, I'm blaming you.
Theyre known for taking their sweet time at the port trust me. It sits and sits....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally, some good news

dealer called me today, here in nashville. because we dont sell a lot of 4matics the allotments are not big. it gets complicated but he was just now able to substitute a 4 matic for a 2 matic. build approx may. delivery june. what a long wait but it will pay off .allows me to have a much bigger down payment on my lease. maybe(hope) pay my lease with one payment. oh well, its nice to know that my dealer is on his toes. giving me the same courteous service as his s550 plus customers.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
These cars are now starting to be released from port. We should start to expect them being truck loaded and on dealer lots shortly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
example of pricing.

CLA250C4 $31,900
650 Cirrus White
151 Black MB-Tex
BMP Pre-wiring VPC
H50 Anthracite Trim (Std)
P01 P01 Premium Package: SiriusXM® Radio w/ $2,300
049 : Media Interface Cable
232 : Garage Door Opener
249 : Driver's Side & Interior Auto-Dimming Mi
518 : Media Interface
536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
581 : Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
810 : harman/kardon Sound System w/Dolby 5.1
873 : Heated Front Seats
R02 All Season Tires (Std)
00A Illuminated Star $550
02R 17-Inch 5-Spoke Wheels (Std)
104 Rear Deck Spoiler $300
245 Compass
486 Sport Suspension
5P4 Control code - scheduling & production i
508 Becker MAP PILOT pre-wiring $200

SUBTOTAL $35,250
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $925
TOTAL $36,175

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well unless it comes soon I'd probably take the C300 anyways. You want to be able to break in a car nicely. A 1500 road trip, even if it is highway, is a bit of a brutal break-in.
Hey...I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this kind of thing. How would one go about "breaking in" a car?

I know it would be driving it...lol...but what is best? City? Hwy? A mix? and for how many kms?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey...I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this kind of thing. How would one go about "breaking in" a car?

I know it would be driving it...lol...but what is best? City? Hwy? A mix? and for how many kms?
There's no specific way to brake in a new car, and there's not a consensus on whether or not a new car nowadays even needs a brake in period. Usually it means don't thrash the throttle. Depending on the car, usually that means try not to accelerate much beyond 4000-5000 rpm other than absolutely necessary. Also not "excessive" idling (I put it at probably not more than a couple of minutes at a time). A mixture of roads (city and highway), but not above the speed limit (in the US usually that means for most people 65 mph). I don't know where you are, but in the EU or Canada usually that'd be 110-130 kph. If you really want to go crazy you can also change the oil after the first 30 miles or so of a new car (though the car may already have that just from test drives).

As for how long you do this, again, this depends on the person you talk to. Usually in the states people will say either 500 or 1000 miles, so 1000 km seems to be a decent number.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts