Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I collected my CLA last Friday and I'm really enjoying it and can't stop smiling but......

I wear a suit to work and moving from my 520 BMW that had a perfectly good fitting for an aftermarket coat hanger on the back of the headrest to my CLA and the fancy seats I no longer have this option.

Its ok I thought I will just hang it on the 'nipple' that all cars have on the rear handle above the rear door. No, I have no nipple!

Where am I mean to hang my jacket? I'd rather not have to have a coat hanger floating about in the back so currently I'm hanging it on passenger seat but that's not ideal. Any suggestions anyone?

Although as that is my only gripe its not so bad.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I noticed the same problem this past weekend. Haven't come up with a solution yet.

·
Registered
433 Posts
When I've had to wear a suit I never had one that couldn't handle just being draped nicely on the rear seat. The only thing about that is to not tailgate so you don't suddenly brake and let it slide into the footwell. Any other jacket can easily handle sitting on the seat for a bit.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
there will be an aftermarket option

arent there universal hangers that hang off the back of the headrest?

Have you noticed we have Sports seats in the CLA? Where would the attachment points go on the sport seats?

·
Registered
126 Posts
That hanger is ugly as well. I would not use something like that. So no OH S#!+ handles in the back huh?

I usually just hang my coat or jacket over the seat.

·
Registered
945 Posts
That hanger is ugly as well. I would not use something like that. So no OH S#!+ handles in the back huh?

I usually just hang my coat or jacket over the seat.
I agree.

That hangar is nice but it's a bit overkill for me. I rather just use the whole seat to hang up what ever coat or suit jacket i have.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I suppose if you really want to hang something in the back seat you can always use a hanger with a swivel head and hang it off the grab handle above the window.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm happy to compromise but every car I've ever owned as always had the little 'nipple' on the grab handle to allow you to hang stuff.
Well at least my umbrella fits nicely on the rear shelf, well this is England ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts