Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My CLA has a major problem with parking sensors, for example:

1. Slowing down at a junction or anywhere for that matter and front parking sensors go off, even if nothing is infront of me.

2. I put my car in reverse and the parking sensor is going off multiple times, even though there is nothing around me. On some odd occasions it does work though.

Both of the above happen in any weather conditions.

Have taken into MB and they have re-alligned the number plate and that did not fix it and also put a new grill in with no results. They have no idea of the causes and also now want to send it to Germany! for a rebuilt on the front etc!

Anyone heard/experienced or have any ideas?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The MB STAR system, when it made its debut, was much more capable because it was PC-based (IBM T30 laptop), but it was also very versatile

because it incorporated a HHT emulation mode (for backward compatibility) along with a "multiplexer" intermediate unit between the PC and the car,

which allowed the connection of a variety of different diagnostic connection cables, depending on which diagnostic system the car in question happened

to use. For the oldest cars (i.e. the C126, early R129 SL models, early W124s and W140s, etc.) a "four-pin" diagnostic cable was provided. For second-

generation cars, such as the E500E, 400E/E420, middle and later R129s, middle and later W140s, the familiar "38-pin" plug is provided. There are also

OBD-2 interface cables for model year 1996 and later cars, as well as a 14-pin cable for European diagnostic systems. All of these cables allow the

combination of the MB STAR with the in-line multiplexer unit to fully interface with any particular car's computers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's the number plate plinth

It's deffinatley the number plate plinth, after 13 months mercedes have removed mine and the problem has been resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts