Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mercedes Benz CLA really has few direct competitors. The power and price of the Audi S4 make it somewhat of a competitor, but it is also heavier, bigger and slower than the CLA.

I can't help feeling tempted by the C63 AMG. This model offers much more power with the rear wheel drive package, and yes it costs a little more, but not much.

Would you consider the C63 AMG instead of the CLA?

·
Registered
945 Posts
A used C63 AMG, maybe, but with that bigger engine you are going to pay much more to fuel it up every time. Cost of ownership is a big thing here and I wouldn't be surprised if people "downgrade" from their C63's to a CLA45 AMG.

Plus the CLA45 AMG was able to keep up with a CLS63 AMG, what can it do when put up against a C63? hmm...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
A 2013 C63 MSRP is $59,800 according to Edmunds.com. Compared to CLA45's MSRP of $48,000 that is a difference of almost $12,000 before any options. To me that's a big difference. So my answer is no, I'm not considering the C63.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I'm going to go on a blank guess and say the C63 AMG options are also more expensive.

I was always told the 63 AMG would be 70k by the time you are out the door with any decent options.

·
Registered
945 Posts
A used C63 AMG, maybe, but with that bigger engine you are going to pay much more to fuel it up every time. Cost of ownership is a big thing here and I wouldn't be surprised if people "downgrade" from their C63's to a CLA45 AMG.

Plus the CLA45 AMG was able to keep up with a CLS63 AMG, what can it do when put up against a C63? hmm...
used is probably the way to go if you want a C63 for the price of a CLA, just make sure it has a long enough warranty term left.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Which is probably won't. The only C63s that you can buy within the price range is likely off lease C63s and those have warrantys that are very close to the end.

Comparing a new car to a used car is pointless for value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts