Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I like the overall design of the engine but that factory intake looks really restrictive, as most OEM air intakes do.

An aftermarket cold air intake or short ram intake will definitely be something i'll be looking at for my CLA.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I think the engineers know what they're doing... The good news is this is not a Renault engine, it's a M-B design.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I think this engine has potential for more power. 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo only making 200hp? It can do better than that.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Any aftermarket part such as an intake or even aftermarket filter will make a huge difference performance wise for force induction vehicles. Allowing it to cool better and flow better is key. I wonder what the stock psi is set to? I'm guessing around 15-20 psi, what do you guy think?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Induction alone won't do anything to speak of; the biggest gain will be in remapping. Let the games begin....

·
Registered
221 Posts
All you have to do is look at other turbocharged 4 cylinder cars and you can see the tuning potential for extra power.

Look at the VW GTi and the Subaru motors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my 1.8L kompressor only gets 191hp... the CLA250 will be enough power for me and it is lighter than my current 203....

·
Registered
945 Posts
i think it's awesome that a 2.0L engine puts out 260 ft-lb of torque without any help from forced induction. i remember the days when 2.0 liter engines didn't go much higher than 200 HP

·
Registered
39 Posts
curious how restrictive that factory air intake might be, I would consider getting a short ram intake or cold air intake if any air intake brands decide to make any for our CLA's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If any 4 cylinder N/A engine ever put out 260 Ft tq that woud be impressive but i still havent seen that happen yet. A lot of car makers are going in this direction with turbochargers creating more horse power and more efficient. Bmw on the other hand has been coming across some issues on their 3 series that are turbocharged. But lets hope The CLA wont go the same route.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If any 4 cylinder N/A engine ever put out 260 Ft tq that woud be impressive but i still havent seen that happen yet. A lot of car makers are going in this direction with turbochargers creating more horse power and more efficient. Bmw on the other hand has been coming across some issues on their 3 series that are turbocharged. But lets hope The CLA wont go the same route.
Yup, it sure beats having a turbocharged four cylinder engine than a naturally aspirated inline-six or v6 engine. Better gas mileage and nearly the same amount of horsepower = win

1 - 13 of 13 Posts