Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, anyone have a picture of what a US/Canadian license plate looks like on the front of a CLA? I just want to see what the shorter taller plate looks like on the car since obviously the car was not designed to have such a thing on it.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
just tried to search online to no avail. any owners wanna post up a photo? all the dealer photos I found had no front plate installed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just curious, anyone have a picture of what a US/Canadian license plate looks like on the front of a CLA? I just want to see what the shorter taller plate looks like on the car since obviously the car was not designed to have such a thing on it.
I thought I saw one with an Ontario plate on one of the threads not sure which one but ther is one here somewhere...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! It's not as ugly as I was thinking. I was thinking of getting an alumni license frame for the car. I might hold off until I get the car and plop a license frame on it to see though. While it isn't as ugly as I thought, it is still big and I wonder what it'll look like if I add a frame as well.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I HATE How the front plate looks on just about any car. I will be ordering a hide away plate system before i get my CLA and advising the dealer to NOT mount the front plate, and to leave that up to me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I thought front plates weren't required in Canada, my trips up to montreal the plates are not o the front. Are they just breaking the law or is that just quebec?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought front plates weren't required in Canada, my trips up to montreal the plates are not o the front. Are they just breaking the law or is that just quebec?
They're required in BC, but not Alberta, so it depends on the province.

edit :

These Canada Provinces require a Front and Rear Issued License Plate
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Saskatchewan

These Canada Provinces only require a Rear Issued License Plate
Alberta, Quebec, Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Yukon Territory

·
Registered
945 Posts
some people just have their front plate displayed on the dash so it's visible through the windshield. i know some people get away with that, still better to get a hide away plate system $50-100 for the system beats $100+ for a no front plate ticket ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
They're required in BC, but not Alberta, so it depends on the province.

edit :

These Canada Provinces require a Front and Rear Issued License Plate
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Saskatchewan

These Canada Provinces only require a Rear Issued License Plate
Alberta, Quebec, Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Yukon Territory

Ah makes sense, thanks. I agree, the plate uglifies the front.. I'd probably not put one on.. or find a buddy in one of those no-plate provinces and license the car there :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I don't like having a front plate either but is a requirement in NJ.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
There is no doubt the car looks better without a front plate.. many cars do.

but if its a legal requirement you have no choice..

and in the case of the CLA it doesn't really RUIN the front look. It is not bad. Plus there is really nowhere else to put it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and in the case of the CLA it doesn't really RUIN the front look. It is not bad. Plus there is really nowhere else to put it.
It's not as bad as I thought. But I suspect I probably will not wish to put a frame on it since it already looks big to my eyes. I think the longer plates they have in the rest of the world usually look better since there's usually some line on the bumper that is just as tall as those plates.

The front is mandatory where I am too so looks like I'll have to get it as well. At least I'm not in New Mexico or those other states with a solid orange/yellow plate. Those wouldn't look nice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
some people just have their front plate displayed on the dash so it's visible through the windshield. i know some people get away with that, still better to get a hide away plate system $50-100 for the system beats $100+ for a no front plate ticket ;)
Where did you find the hideaway plate for CLA250?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts