Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Good news guy for those of you who would want quicker reaction time from the pedal and acceleration there is a solution for the CLA since it's drive by wire. The Piecha power converter helps the CLA shift faster and smoother from what Piecha has to say.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting...

Where would this piece install on the car? The obd 2 or..?
The module would connect to the plug behind the gas pedal pretty straight forward plug and play and then you would just have to set the converter to the 7 speed transmission.

This would help benefit the reaction time of the pedal and throttle. The delay time is shortened and also there is two modes. One listed as city and one for sport. You can switch them when the car is moving.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ohh okay so it's a sprint booster for the DBW throttle. I thought it was some type of piggy back tuner module for the CLA. Guess Piecha isn't all just about looks after all. So do they have a CLA they have tested it on already.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh okay so it's a sprint booster for the DBW throttle. I thought it was some type of piggy back tuner module for the CLA. Guess Piecha isn't all just about looks after all. So do they have a CLA they have tested it on already.
Yes exactly. I never knew that DBW vehicles had such a delay in response till I actually saw the demonstration from sprint booster. So this will make the CLA more fun to drive day in and day out.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Plus side to going automatic, at least there's some range of adjustment with just a module like this. But like mentioned above I'd like to see how it works when actually being used.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have tried the sprint booster and it actually works. It changes the delay so much and having different modes too. This solves most of the delay that drive by wire throttle cars have.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To some who wouldn't even notice the delay since they have different driving style wouldn't make use of this sort of this device. But to some who do even small increments of differences would be noticeable to that particular driver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
To some who wouldn't even notice the delay since they have different driving style wouldn't make use of this sort of this device. But to some who do even small increments of differences would be noticeable to that particular driver.
True! Personally I also think the CLA lags a bit on the throttle compared to the DSG or SMG. That's more because the Mercedes is in the luxury business, so it's definitely something I'll reconsider.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts