Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I like the exterior valances, makes the CLA much more aggressive. But it needs some engine modifications to back up the look. I wonder how much this whole kit cost.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Front end and sides are clean but damn that rear is something else. Not that I don't like it but too bad it's just for looks. I was thinking Piecha had mods to increase the horsepower output fro the CLA. Do you guys like the spoilers?

I don't know how much this kit for the CLA cost but I would say it's worth a pretty penny.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Front end and sides are clean but damn that rear is something else. Not that I don't like it but too bad it's just for looks. I was thinking Piecha had mods to increase the horsepower output fro the CLA. Do you guys like the spoilers?

I don't know how much this kit for the CLA cost but I would say it's worth a pretty penny.
I agree with you on that one the Piecha rear bumper for the CLa is also the most expensive piece $960USD. And typical for german aftermarket pieces Piecha doesn't sell it as a whole kit you have to buy them piece by piece.

How do you guys feel about the rims initially I didn't like them but they are slowly growing on me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not bad for the price I would have expected the rear bumper to be a bit more than that euro pieces usually cost a bit more.

The rims are okay definitely wouldn't be my first choice. Piecha has other monoblock wheels too and they come in both 19" and 20". I think 19" would be a good balance for the CLA.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts

The Piecha MP1 wheels are decent in price but its the cost of shipping and brokerage fees that will add up. They only cost about $485 USD each not even 2 grand for all four. I think they are a lower brand compared to brabus.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not bad at all I think it's probably one of the more affordable parts from aftermarket but after said and done for it to be imported the whole Piecha kit and wheels will be too much. Still attainable but I hate to deal with importing parts especially from germany.

Do you have any more pictures of the kit?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Honestly the best way to save some money is to maybe drive of to Germany and have the kit and parts painted there and installed at the same time. Talk about road trip though. I mean it would be worth it for sight seeing but rack up some serious mileage on a new car :(

Yeah I found a bunch

·
Registered
257 Posts
Honestly the best way to save some money is to maybe drive of to Germany and have the kit and parts painted there and installed at the same time. Talk about road trip though. I mean it would be worth it for sight seeing but rack up some serious mileage on a new car :(

Yeah I found a bunch

Thanks man.

The more I look at the more I want it. For now when I get my CLA this is what I want to turn it in to. With some more engine mods of course otherwise it would be all show no go. The only thing I wouldn't do is paint the calipers yellow, I'd just leave them the way they are.

I like the roof spoilers too. The rear end just looks so bad ***. Thumbs up to Piecha

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts

My curiosity lies in whether these spoilers do actually make any difference. The CLA is praised to be one of the most drag co-efficient cars. So it might make it better or worse, I think it would add slightly a bit more downforce, just a tad for the rear wheels. The higher in speed the more pounds of pressure.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I wouldn't doubt these little spoilers would make a change for the aerodynamics of the CLA. I mean from factory the Mercedes CLA already has enough parts to make it drag co-efficient but we can't see too much of it. The underpanelling and the over shape and contour of the CLA makes a big difference as it is. The spoilers I think would make a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
So this kit from Piecha for the CLA is actually known as the CLA GT-R. And one more thing if you guys didn't know already the chassis code for the Mercedes CLA is W117.

One last pic ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
And one more thing if you guys didn't know already the chassis code for the Mercedes CLA is W117
I was wondering I went to the Piecha site to look at what else they had and noticed that alias. All the Mercedes start with a W from what I noticed it's just the number is different. Not sure how the order works.

Thanks BenzinoXL.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Wow, I love the roof spoiler, unlike many roof spoilers this one actually seems to be really aerodynamic with the grove it has which flows with the roof lines. Piecha Tuning FTW!

Mercedes CLA roof spoiler

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the diffuser in the back it give the CLA an aggressive look if you want that of course. The stock rear bumper looks good as it is. The Piecha diffuser might not be everyones cup of tea.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow, I love the roof spoiler, unlike many roof spoilers this one actually seems to be really aerodynamic with the grove it has which flows with the roof lines. Piecha Tuning FTW!

Mercedes CLA roof spoiler
This roof spoiler is subtle compared to other ones which tend to flare back quite a bit but this one is just nice and clean for the CLA and not over doing it. If anything it compliments the contours of the CLA.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So this kit from Piecha for the CLA is actually known as the CLA GT-R. And one more thing if you guys didn't know already the chassis code for the Mercedes CLA is W117.

One last pic ;)

Thanks I was wondering what the CLA chassis code was going to be. Its odd how they started out at such an odd number the chassis codes for the other car like the C class started off at W201 and up one every time it changed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts