Mercedes CLA Forum banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.
Just found out that the dealership is throwing in some of the extra packages for free, getting the night package, commander package and roof racks for FREE. Always a good thing, reason was that the car I ordered wouldn't be delivered for 3 months but they had one that finance had fallen through for a customer, and let me have that car. Straight away basically 1 week after deposit was paid. Yay for me.
Welcome. Congratulations, and enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member from AZ

Just coming up on one year of CLA ownership. We also have an ML350.

Love Mercedes!

A hitch for a bike rack and an illuminated star would round out my CLA perfectly.

I sure hope Santa reads this forum!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Just coming up on one year of CLA ownership. We also have an ML350.

Love Mercedes!

A hitch for a bike rack and an illuminated star would round out my CLA perfectly.

I sure hope Santa reads this forum!
Do they make a hitch for CLAs? I've been looking for one but can't seem to find any. I need it to use my hitch mounted bike rack. I would prefer not to use a roof rack if I can help it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New to the CLA...

but not to Mercedes Benz with a R107 and R129 currently in the stable, and a list of sedans long gone but not forgotten. The mistake was the R129 that I purchased in October. That quickly became a new CLA250 4matic for my Wife. I'm hoping to learn more about the 'add on electronics' that are prewired in the car so I can get her completely up and running.

Tim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone we love the new Mercedes car. Greetings from Romania!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just booked my new CLA 250 4MATIC- MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA

Hi all,

I am Raja from Melbourne Australia.
I have just booked my new Mercedes CLA 250 4MATIC with mountain grey metallic and command package.

I am excited to join this forum and learn more each of you.

Thank you.

Cheers
Raja

·
Registered
1 Posts
New CLA Owner From South Africa

Hi All,

Glad to be apart of this thread.

Currently own a Iridrium Silver 2014 CLA 45 AMG - Fully loaded with the exception of the AMG Performance seats. Others cars to take note of in our garage are a 2012 BMW M5 and 2010 BMW M6 Convertible - Yes, I am a BMW fanboy.

Just wanted to be apart of this forum in order share my interests and opinions on the CLA and other Mercedes-Benz models.

Cheers for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, currently a "To be owner" from Austin TX. Still debating a 45 or a 250 for my needs, so hopefully this forum will help me hone in. Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Colorado ((Idaho?) greetings!

My wife wanted to trade her Ford Expedition in on a car that had four doors, all wheel drive, and got good gas mileage. The other cars she was thinking about were making my skin crawl, then I remembered reading about the CLA 45 in an Autoweek article. I showed her that article, we call the dealer the next day. They only had two allocations for the entire state, and one was already spoken for. So we took the remaining one, which happened to be delivered first on 28 Nov 13.

It has been a great car. A year after buying it, I ended up having to bring it up to Idaho her I was working. It does fantastically well in the snow, as long as you have winter snow tires and it's not so deep that you have to plow it with your front air dam!

This summer, I started auto crossing it with the SCCA in Idaho. The car is presently in the "not otherwise classified" category, but the local region classified me as B Street. The car is still much better than my skills, but I have consistently been the fastest street class car in the Idaho regional club that I have attended. This past weekend I went to the SCCA event in Bozeman Montana, and was the fastest street car there against competition included 2 Camaros (one with a Hennesy 700hp package), a Z07 Corvette, a Shelby Cobra GT500 Mustang, and an Alfa Romeo that were all in faster classes than mine. 😀

Would love to hear if anyone else has tried tossing it around an auto cross course. If You haven't, then I *highly* recommend you google your local SCCA Solo chapter and try it!
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
One more thing

One item often overlooked in online reviews is that in addition to have great performance and 0-60 times in the low 4's, I consistently get 36 to 38 mpg on my one-hour commute which is mostly at 68 mph. Some days with a strong Idaho tailwind I have gotten as high as 44 mpg!!! I must admit to having some perverse satisfaction at telling the owners of Z07s, Hennessey Camaros,Mustang Cobras, and Nissan GTR's, that my car has only a sub-2-Litre four-cylinder that gets 44 miles to the gallon!
:devil
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
One more thing

One item often overlooked in online reviews is that in addition to having great performance and 0-60 times in the low 4's, I consistently get 36 to 38 mpg on my one-hour commute which is mostly at 68 mph. Some days with a strong Idaho tailwind I have gotten as high as 44 mpg!!! I must admit to having some perverse satisfaction at telling the owners of Z07s, Hennessey Camaros,Mustang Cobras, and Nissan GTR's, that my car has only a sub-2-Litre four-cylinder that gets 44 miles to the gallon!
:devil
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have just joined your forum a couple of minutes ago so I haven't had a chance to have a look around yet but I'm sure that I will enjoy it here.

I haven't bought a CLA yet but I am intending to do so shortly. I am an Australian currently living in Chiang Mai, Thailand but I will be moving back to Australia in the near future.

Of course, the model that I am looking at getting is the CLA 45 AMG. For the Aussie members here, what is the waiting period like after ordering one of these? Are you happy with your purchase?

Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning more about my future purchase.

Peter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Just new to this forum, haven't got my CLA yet, if all goes according to plan I should have it by the end of the month, test drove it today! Looking forward to reading the various posts on the site.

C..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new owner of a sparkly new CLA 220 AMG, previously had a W204 C Class estate .

I have a feeling I'll be tapping all the tech guru's for assistance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I am brand new and the reason I have joined this forum is to learn more from you all about the MB CLA Class. I am most particulary interested in buying a used CLA 45 AMG....perhaps a 2014 model and am most curious about the different maintanence costs, etc on this model. I am not wealthy, am not poor, either. I have always wanted a good solid MB and I do have a concern on the upkeep of these cars. I have always been very good at proper maintanence of the vehicles I have owned in my life.

I have begun to read some reviews by the various car magazines on this model, yet I feel to really hear the pros and cons it is best to get advice directly from the owners of this vehicle and I hope some of you who own this model will really help me out with your great and wise advice.

If would like to hear the pure truths....good and bad about this model from A to Z.

Thank you for allowing me to participate....I am a straight shooter.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts