Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read the autoblog review of the CLA 250 sport there is a statement early in the writeup that states

Starting at $30,825 in the US with front-wheel drive and around $33,500 with the all-wheel-drive 4Matic system

What happened to $29,900? $33,500 for 4Matic? I'll take the 4Matic..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like a specd out CLA 4Matic will be around $44k?

I still think it's worth it. You can completely forget the fact that it is FWD with the 4Matic. You won't even notice. And $44k gets you an optioned out CLA where as most other Audis and BMW start at just under $40k.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is Autoblog the only one to list a price? It would be weird to raise the starting price of base model, after all the advertisements for 29,900.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. Not sure why the starting price has been changed. Of course there is no official source from this price but I'd say it is a safe guess.

The 4Matic is a great deal. It isn't that much more over the FWD CLA.

·
Registered
945 Posts
isnt $30,825 the price after destination? Sure seems like the price jump from $29 900 could include destination fees.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
This was Mercedes plan all along to use those numbers to advertised the under 30,000 for the car but in reality the whole time this was the planned priced. Its all part of their marketing scheme. Its not that far off anyways but its enough to trickle the attention from millions.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uhhh I highly doubt that. Benzfan could be right that the price could just be after destination.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This was Mercedes plan all along to use those numbers to advertised the under 30,000 for the car but in reality the whole time this was the planned priced. Its all part of their marketing scheme. Its not that far off anyways but its enough to trickle the attention from millions.
LOL... It's just a 1k rise in price, which is still good. The only thing it will break is Mercedes marketing the CLA for under 30k. I'm inclined to agree that it's the destination fee included.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think its stupid if that $1,000 is the destination fees if you ask me. Do they usually advertise those things in ads or commercials in the starting prices. I don't think its that. You might as well throw in the tax and other fees too then.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The CLA will be priced below the C-Class and above the B-Class in Canada, so expect to pay mid to high 30K range when it launches here.
Canadian pricing has yet to be announced, but for a ball park point of reference, US pricing starts at US$30,825 with front-wheel drive and around US$33,500 with the all-wheel-drive 4Matic system. The CLA will be priced below the C-Class and above the B-Class in Canada, so expect to pay mid to high 30K range when it launches here.
After looking at the article you guys are referring back to on the price, this is just an estimate that autoblog came up with and does not hold any true value on the CLA 250's official price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts