-Garage door opener
-Compass
-Auto Dimming mirrors
-ipod/mp3 media interface
-sirius xm radio
-dual zone climate control
-harman/kardon sound
-heated seats

To me the only ones that I would actually use are the last two. I don't even really care for dual zone climate control. Is it expensive to pay $2000 for heated seats and an updated audio system?

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is not that much to pay. Audio system upgrades are usually over $1000. If you were to get the rest of the options yourself it would cost another $1000+

If you want the ipod and XM this is a no brainer. The garage door opener is a nice added touch as well - no need for those ugly external controllers.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
it is not a bad package. $2000 is not terribly expensive considering what you are getting. Now if you look at the driver assistance and the sport package.. those seem like bad deals.

both are around $2000 and the driver assistance package really offers not a whole lot. Its a bunch of safety features that I personally don't use that often. The sport package is pricey for what is basically rims and amg exterior pieces. I don't even like the AMG rims.

·
Registered
14 Posts
for me the package that is worth its money in gold is the multimedia package.

navigation + rear view camera is not something I want to miss out on in a "luxury car"

And $2,300 is good for all you get.

The sunroof is also something I am heavily considering.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Too bad the rear camera, auto dimming mirrors and integrated garage door opener are not a la carte items.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. I am going to have to think about it.

I do not care for the harman system so I might just get the heated seats for $500 and wit hthe money saved get the bi xenon lights.

I do wish the bixenons were standard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Too bad the rear camera, auto dimming mirrors and integrated garage door opener are not a la carte items.
I would just get the multimedia package. It is the best deal for packages. You get navigation as well.

You also get voice control, 6 disc dvd changer, sd card slot, sirius xm and weather.

It is a shame the reverse camera is not a separate option but I'd want to get navigation anyways so I might as well get the multimedia.

I personally don't mind not having auto dimming mirrors and an integrated garage door opener. There are other ways to integrate the garage door opener and the auto dimming mirrors are useful if you already have tints.

Mercedes should have offered a luxury package that included the leather seats, bi-xenon headlamps, and panoramic roof.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I would just get the multimedia package. It is the best deal for packages. You get navigation as well.

You also get voice control, 6 disc dvd changer, sd card slot, sirius xm and weather.

It is a shame the reverse camera is not a separate option but I'd want to get navigation anyways so I might as well get the multimedia.

I personally don't mind not having auto dimming mirrors and an integrated garage door opener. There are other ways to integrate the garage door opener and the auto dimming mirrors are useful if you already have tints.

Mercedes should have offered a luxury package that included the leather seats, bi-xenon headlamps, and panoramic roof.
I agree. I want the hid headlights and roof and of course leather but to pay for all of those separately is a killer.

$3530!!! They should have a package including metallic paint too. It makes sense for a LUXURY package.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
$2,200 out of $30,000 is not too bad :rolleyes:

Are you leasing of buying? What is the point in trying to save a little bit of money to get a sub par car? Just get all the options I say!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Out of all the packages, the premium does sound the best, along with the sport package which includes the 4 Matic system, better wheels, and brakes.

Together that will be about $4,200, which is a good deal for me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Mercedes CLA premium package 1 is well worth it to me, looking at all the features it includes, if you were to price them individually it would amount to more, i see $2 200 being a good price for it.

Plus when your leasing or financing a car like the CLA, $2 200 added to a $30k car isn't that bad at all.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I prefer the multimedia over the premium

navi + backup > heated seats + audio

of course having both would be the best.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I prefer the multimedia over the premium

navi + backup > heated seats + audio

of course having both would be the best.
It all comes down to what you use more day in and day out. For me would be the heated seats for the cold season and the audio system would help during the long rush hour traffic. I think im will to pay for those since I will be needing them to help me get the day by inside the cabin. I would hate to get in to cold seats.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Not that I do not agree with you but you are paying $2,200 for heated seats and an upgraded audio system? What makes the stock system bad? For most people the base audio system will just more than enough.

You can get heated seats for $500 as a standalone option.

I have a feeling that they will force you to get the premium option in order to get the multimedia.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If the premium package included leather seats or even a panoramic roof then I would get it. Except for the better sound system and car heaters, everything else sounds like fluff and not at all necessary.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts