Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all 2015 cla 250 owners !!! I purchased mine about two months ago. I wanted to see if anybody else experiencing common problems in the cla???

So far, one of the workers in the service department told me that the most complaint they received is the alignment and the spoiler is not very well attached?!?!? Please share

·
Registered
433 Posts
Alignment's fine with mine, and I've put a lot of hard fast mountain roads on it. I didn't get a spoiler so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Not overheating per se, but I have had a couple of times when I pull the car into the garage and shut it down and the cooling fan will still run for a few minutes. I assume because the car is still quite hot. It only happens after some fun country road driving with the turbos kicking in all the time though, so it's not too surprising that the car would be hot. I do drive the AMG though so I would expect it to run hotter than the regular car.

One disappointment I have noticed is the AC is rather weak, especially at stop lights. It's not enough of an issue that I wouldn't buy the car again, but if it's over 90 degrees I tend to drive my other car since the AC doesn't cut it if the car's fully loaded with people unless I push the max AC button. On cooler days or hot days when I'm the only occupant it is fine/passable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not overheating per se, but I have had a couple of times when I pull the car into the garage and shut it down and the cooling fan will still run for a few minutes. I assume because the car is still quite hot. It only happens after some fun country road driving with the turbos kicking in all the time though, so it's not too surprising that the car would be hot. I do drive the AMG though so I would expect it to run hotter than the regular car.

One disappointment I have noticed is the AC is rather weak, especially at stop lights. It's not enough of an issue that I wouldn't buy the car again, but if it's over 90 degrees I tend to drive my other car since the AC doesn't cut it if the car's fully loaded with people unless I push the max AC button. On cooler days or hot days when I'm the only occupant it is fine/passable.

The temperature gauge is above 90 is that normal?!!?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Remember, while most of the world uses C, in America we use F. 90F is around 32C. I'm talking about 90F ambient temperature, not 90C coolant. However when I do drive my CLA45 hard, the coolant temperature does pass 90C, though not much. After 30 or so minutes of driving normally I do get close, somewhere around 70-85C or so. I would assume the 250 runs a little cooler, however I don't know enough to make that call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts