Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to buy one of these but need an extended warranty b/c I do alot of driving for my job. MB official policy is that they WON'T do extended warranty on a used car that you are the 2nd owner of (unless they CPO it). My current car is on lease till March so I don't really need one right now.

But there is one in the exact configuration I want sitting on my dealer's lot and they are offering $1k off MSRP and then I will buy an extended warranty on my own. But if I wait till for a CPO until March I will get a 'free' extended warranty no? Considering these things are already being traded in and sold on ebay it's not crazy to think there won't be more of these out there by March.

Anyway, I know it's a decision only best made by me and that no one can predict the future but wanted to see if anyone had any advice that might help sway me one way or the other... Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
It may be a while before there is a decent selection of CPO'd CLAs. It all depends on how badly you want one. However, since you don't need a car till March I would wait.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you already have a car now and are not really in need of a new CLA I would just wait. march really isn't that far away, and I don't think that you will miss not having the CLA for a few more months. "Patience is a virtue" as my mother always told me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It may be a while before there is a decent selection of CPO'd CLAs. It all depends on how badly you want one. However, since you don't need a car till March I would wait.
You'd be surprised. Especially for a "cool" car like the CLA. There are many an idiot who buy new fashion statements on the spur of the moment, go home, and then their (significantly more intelligent) second half forces them to give or sell it back after a couple weeks. Or worse, the idiot who bought one because they wanted it and then drove by the dealer next month and saw a car with a better color and swapped out. One of my colleagues bought a CPO Cooper via the former, another bought a CPO 500C via the latter. Having money does not equate intelligence towards its usage (this coming from someone who is buying a car over $50k as their second car ever). :D

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I've seen CPOs show up the following year.. Its rare but it happens

It just depends how badly you need a new car or a car and how badly you want the CLA... Waiting will always get you the better deal.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Test drive one so you know what to expect if you haven`t already but as mentioned above, if you want to save, WAIT. If not, you`ll have to pay up. Go to pay to play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts