Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put in an order for the CLA45 and stuck with the 18" (they look nicer and my regular commute is bumpy enough that I'd settle for the smaller wheels and greater comfort 95% of the time). Around here in the mornings from Oct-Apr the ambient temperature can be in the 30s/low 40s and occasionally as low as 25. We do get rain at times and almost no snow. It also looks like the front and rears for the CLA45 are the same and the 18" wheels for the CLA45 and CLA250 are the same. I was wondering a couple things.

1) Has anyone tried out the CLA45's 18" summers and what they thought about their abilities in cold/wet stopping and traction?

2) How good are the stock CLA250 18" all-season tires in wet/cold?

I'm looking to use it in some light rain or cold dry days. I've another better car for the nastier days.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I'd personally go for a high performance tire thats good in the rain

Contrary to what people think. Apart from tread design. The tread compound dalso makes stopping in the rain important.

having good tread design is only part of the equation. Have a tire with a compound that is sticky in the dry also aids in stopping in the wet.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports are pretty good in the rain and are excellent in the dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts