Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
They do @LDLDL, example:

Since I don't have my CLA yet, I'll someone else who has one answer the how :)

Joe

·
Registered
183 Posts
The release handle is located towards the outboard side of each rear head restraint.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What is the cargo space with the seats folded down? I know that the back seat isn't the biggest, so I'm wondering how much space that adds to the cargo capacity.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
The release levers are covered by the seat belts. Move them out of the way and you'll see them. Just pull them forward and the seat back will release.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The release levers are covered by the seat belts. Move them out of the way and you'll see them. Just pull them forward and the seat back will release.
Before I read your reply, I tried last night and finally stumbled upon the levers. What a place to hide them! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
x2

i swear there is not a single photo of both seats down. Whats the maximum length you can fit in there when both seats are down?
Max lenght depends on how far back you have your front seats. With the seat back down I was able to fit a high chair with plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
945 Posts
good to see merecedes is still including fold down rear seats, some car makers get rid of them even on cars like this that can really use it.

would you guys be pissed if the CLA didn't have it?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Can skis go through the hole in the front seat?
I'm going to say yes but you would lose your center arm rest and you'll need a ski bag for your skis.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
would you guys be pissed if the CLA didn't have it?

I would say I probably wouldn't buy it without folding seat backs? Oh, and don't let that picture fool you. There's no pass thru door for long thin items like the picture suggests.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'm going to say yes but you would lose your center arm rest and you'll need a ski bag for your skis.
yeah losing the center arm rest might be a major downside for rear seat passengers if Tony goes with a group to go skiing.

I rather keep my interior clean and not throw stuff like this in it, instead it's probably best to invest in a roof rack and mount the ski's up their

·
Registered
433 Posts
I actually meant the holein the headrest for the front passenger, not a through port in the center rear. You know, the one with the "mood lighting." To be honest my question is more of a curiosity question. I'm not about to feed anything through the hole in the headrest anyways (except maybe cheap balsa wood hobby dowels). I don't plan on using my CLA as a beast of burden.

On the other hand, it looks like the CLA may be long enough with the seat down that you could put skis at an angle and snake it into the front passenger. It would eat up some elbow room in the center console (or not if you sit forward enough) but leave the bulk of the armrest usable. You'd probably have to move the passenger seat all the way back to get the best angle. And you'd probably have to pray you don't get in a crash and impaled by a broken flying ski.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts