Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone give me a review of their CLA45 AMG with Recaro seats? I'm particularly interested in long journey comfort AND if you could get them with the heated set option. I'm looking to finalize my order and need some guidance on which seats to choose.

Thanks!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've never run into Recaros that I would call comfortable for long distance touring. They are great for track and fine for going into town. But if I were going on a roadtrip I would not take the car with Recaros. I would not be surprised if you could not get heated Recaros. It kind of defeats the purpose of adding accessories and weight to a Recaro. Personally, if you plan on using this car as a commuter I would recommend against Recaros.

·
Registered
945 Posts
With Recaro's just about any of them are amazing, i had the chance to sit in a range of them, even ones found on transit busses.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Recaros don't have much bottom cushion padding. I drove on Recaro seats for a six-hour trip, and was in serious pain after 4. Not a long-distance option for this guy! 6ft., 185lbs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had 2 cars with heated recaros and have ordered them for my CLA 45. Comfort depends on each person. I personally hate the floaty seats in the old caddy's or buicks which others loved. I had an old civic with great firm foam which I could drive 12 hour stretches.

Like the others have said, a couple of hours, not an issue with any seat. over 5 or 6, you will want more bolstering and adjustability to meet your back curvature etc.... which I do believe the recaros have..side bolster adjustability too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts