Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry guys, i think this is a very techy question. if your car cla does not come with a siris radio receiver, does the existing antenna support the addition of siris. dont know if im putting it succinctly or not. my cla will not have the siris radio receiver, but i have an add on siris radio that i plan to put in my cla. can i use the existing cars antenna or will i have to use the surface mounted magnetic one that comes with the add on?? i know, i know. i have not put this well and it is a tough question. all help is appreciated.:confused::confused::):confused::confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure if it would be prewired with that. I've removed my command unit and I'm pretty sure there's a standard FAKRA connector that was plugged into radio (I have sirius tho) If the antenna is on the roof I don't see why they wouldn't include it in the vehicles wiring harness. It's so inexpensive that it would be cost effective just to have one harness for all. So you may luck out and have one routed behind or under head unit. Then all you would need is an extension cable for your portable dock. Sorry couldn't be of any other help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply, pete. thats what i was thinking too. but that would be tooeasy a solution. i might have to just have portable siris head unit hooked up when my car gets here(hoping june) and see if it works. othherwise, ill have to use that dorky magnetice one from siiris

·
Registered
7 Posts
If that's the case you could always put that little one on the rear deck lid. Secure with velcro closest to back window then tuck wire on side of seat, between door sill and carpet, then under seat and up by center console. My sister has her 328 setup like that and no reception issues in NYC.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got an answer back from mb. it is actually the optional package (#1?) that has the wiring harness that makes the antenna work with it. soooooo....as i understand it if you add on a portable sirius head it will not work with the cars built in antenna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts