Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, installing Sirius in wife's CLA tomorrow. Looking at the antenna install, no rubber seal around the windshield nor the rear window.
Any ideas on how to run the antenna cable and keep it in place around the glass? No other problems, just hiding and holding the antenna cable in place.

·
Your Mercedes CLA Admin
246 Posts
On some of my older cars I've put the antenna on the inside and not worried about even running it outside. Depends how hilly of an area you live in (inside the window it's awful like that).

Could try it and see before you do any outside seal work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have always just used double side tape and put the antenna on the corner of the dash against the window. I've never had any issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for confirming my idea. I will try the back package deck first as the sharp slope of the rear window just may allow the antenna to get good reception. Will try this first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it done this morning. No wires showing at all. Pulled the center console out to run the audio wire to the AUX jack. Both pieces just pop out, including the radio. Pretty easy.
The recess along the top of the windshield is rather deep so I just put a couple small pieces of rubber into the recess and pushed them in with a plastic knife. Used an add-a-circuit to the cigarette lighter fuse spot, so no big thing has to be stuck in the lighter socket.
Really turned out great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts