Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't realize this until wifey was driving us to a party and she put it in reverse to park. The passenger side outside mirror moves its self down so the driver can see the curb.
If everybody already knew this - please just ignore me and don't send a bunch of blasts over my ignorance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i'm surprised you didn't know this (not trying to be mean) but Mercedes and bmw at least have been doing this for years, even my 2003 clk500 has it!

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
i'm surprised you didn't know this (not trying to be mean) but Mercedes and bmw at least have been doing this for years, even my 2003 clk500 has it!
Yes thye have been I was about to say. Well at least that is something now put out there for those who didn't realize. But you can hear the motor behind the mirror anyways.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
This is an old more-or-less standard feature that I was told was left off this car. Maybe you got a 'furrin' car. Any confirmation from others if we are or are not getting this. Supposedly we don't get the folding mirrors either.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I just checked the on line Owners Manual. It is on the cars in at least some locations. US???

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just checked the on line Owners Manual. It is on the cars in at least some locations. US???
I bet not. We don't tend to get nice features like that. And not just because. Sometimes it's the law was written for the original Benz Motorwagen. Like matrix LEDs and adaptive headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
This is an old more-or-less standard feature that I was told was left off this car. Maybe you got a 'furrin' car. Any confirmation from others if we are or are not getting this. Supposedly we don't get the folding mirrors either.
so no folding mirrors?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I bet not. We don't tend to get nice features like that. And not just because. Sometimes it's the law was written for the original Benz Motorwagen. Like matrix LEDs and adaptive headlights.
Soccerdog is in SC so at least the east coast cars have them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alot of cars do this :p
Duh. Getting back to my initial statement - I was surprised because I didn't know the car had it. I was surprised. Didn't expect you to be.
Of course a lot of cars do this. I was not showing my ignorance as I have owned MBs forever.
cfrp - Stick your %#& tongue out at someone else.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Darn it. I just did a test drive on Monday and I forget to check and see if the car had this feature.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Duh. Getting back to my initial statement - I was surprised because I didn't know the car had it. I was surprised. Didn't expect you to be.
Of course a lot of cars do this. I was not showing my ignorance as I have owned MBs forever.
cfrp - Stick your %#& tongue out at someone else.
cfrp: I challenge you to list other cars that have this in this class. More facts less tongue and snark.

Joe

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Joe.
This forum will eventually look like SLKWorld where so many folks contribute to the improvement of the brand and cut each other in on ways to improve and repair their rides. We just need more units out there and people that aren't afraid to modify and fix their own.
Believe me, MB watches these forums.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I never intended to call out ignorance towards anyone. I was just implying that many cars have this feature nowadays in a humorous way. I'm not sure if there would be any other way to say it without sounding offensive. The smiley face was meant to NOT come across as a mean knowitall.

It is a very useful feature that I personally cannot live without.

No more leaning over to check the curb. Many passenger side rims/wheels saved.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts