Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't aware that the CLA was a vehicle that could transition from road driving to space driving, but this commercial has informed me.

The semi-ridiculous Japanese commercial for the Mercedes-Benz CLA shows it entering earth's atmosphere from outer space.

I'm not sure this commercial makes me want to buy the CLA anymore, but it sure is funny to watch.

·
Registered
945 Posts
After seeing this commercial it has me thinking if there will ever be a futuristic movie that features the CLA looking more futuristic than it currently does, like the movie iRobot with the futuristic Audi's.

·
Registered
945 Posts
reminds me of Hiroshima, good job Mercedes /sarc

Foreshadowing the CLA will bomb in Japan?
yeah it's probably not the best commercial to show the Japanese especially after what happened to hiroshima. they're still cleaning up after it and there are literately decades to go till things normalize

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it's probably not the best commercial to show the Japanese especially after what happened to hiroshima. they're still cleaning up after it and there are literately decades to go till things normalize
I don't see how space travel has to do with nuclear energy. Its not like the car explodes or runs on nuclear energy. The Japanese are all about the future and technology. I think it is perfect for them. And its kind of comical to boot.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't see how space travel has to do with nuclear energy. Its not like the car explodes or runs on nuclear energy. The Japanese are all about the future and technology. I think it is perfect for them. And its kind of comical to boot.

0:00 - 0:10 ..... explosion with the CLA emerging from it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

0:00 - 0:10 ..... explosion with the CLA emerging from it.
Sure it is a little bit of an explosion, but it hardly depicts a nuclear meltdown or bomb.

I think the idea is more warp drive or energy from a star or something. I'm not Japanese, but I doubt that the Japanese would be offended by this.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sure it is a little bit of an explosion, but it hardly depicts a nuclear meltdown or bomb.

I think the idea is more warp drive or energy from a star or something. I'm not Japanese, but I doubt that the Japanese would be offended by this.
Coming from a history that includes Hiroshima and Fukushima i think the Japanese may be a little sensitive to explosions and things descending on them from the sky...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why did Mercedes-Benz make this commercial. They are trying to convey that the CLA is futuristic or other worldly I guess, but the CLA in the ad doesn't even have tires. Shouldn't the car in the commercial be a true representation of what the car will look like? Bad car commercials everywhere, but they are kind of humorous too so I don't complain too much.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Why did Mercedes-Benz make this commercial. They are trying to convey that the CLA is futuristic or other worldly I guess, but the CLA in the ad doesn't even have tires. Shouldn't the car in the commercial be a true representation of what the car will look like? Bad car commercials everywhere, but they are kind of humorous too so I don't complain too much.
I find it a touch insulting. Sure they are trying to showoff how advanced the CLA is, its not. Trying to show its out of this world, its not. If the CLA was a space ship it would be a space ship, I dont see the benefit in promoting this car as something its not to people who know full well?

That or Mercedes is trying to depict a CLA invasion...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I find it a touch insulting. Sure they are trying to showoff how advanced the CLA is, its not. Trying to show its out of this world, its not. If the CLA was a space ship it would be a space ship, I dont see the benefit in promoting this car as something its not to people who know full well?

That or Mercedes is trying to depict a CLA invasion...
Its not fun when the entire commercial is telling you too much info on the car either and it just has a distance shot of the car driving around. I am all for creative car commercials, but this on doesn't do it for me.

Are there any other CLA commercials? Must be others in places besides Japan.

·
Registered
167 Posts
that's not even the CLA.

It's the concept
It's advertising the CLA though. It is really trying to inflate the greatness of this car. Look at the concept (which you won't be able to get) floating through space like some Star Trek ship. Illusions of Grandeur.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts