Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Maybe, if you can wait...

BMW 2 Series GC, RWD, available 6 cyl TT.... Quite in love with its long snout, short deck. Evens out the 2 series coupe bubble greenhouse into something proportioned and elegant. Not sure when its coming, but I want to see it before I make a move...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just remember, the cla is what it is becuase of the introduction price. whats the price on the BMW?
exactly the CLA is because of its price. The BMW is because its a car... No offical word yet on pricing, I'm betting under $40 like the rest of the 2 series lineup...

Theres much compromised on the CLA to get it under $30k ( and barely under) I'm willing to pay more money for more car...

·
Registered
238 Posts

I don't find it as attractive as make it out to be. It doesn't look like they had to do much work in order to achieve the so called gran coupe styling. Well to be honest the 1 series never appealed to me anyways, so with just a slight change in headlights and tail lights won't do much.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, not to mention that the BMW probably comes with an engine, a frame, and not much else. Every BMW I've ever owned and driven has been expensive on add-ons, nothing came with it, everything was an extra. I felt like I was ordering a meal and then being brought bread. Oh, you wanted an appetizer? Sure.. oh, you wanted a fork? No problem. Wait wait you wanted a PLATE? sure.

In any event, it's a nice car, but I bet someone pricing both out would stack'em up together and find the BMW to be a lot more expensive for the same features.
Joe

·
Registered
183 Posts
Huh, I hope it doesn't look like that...it needs more behind the front doors. I am sure BMW designers will work their magic and give it a better, more balanced profile.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i gotta say i think the cla looks better and that's coming from your token forum bmw fan boy lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Really! IMHO the Audi A3 or the BMW 2 can't hold a candle to the CLA in terms of styling.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really! IMHO the Audi A3 or the BMW 2 can't hold a candle to the CLA in terms of styling.
if you buy based on styling, but the CLA cannot hold a candle to the driving experience. The 135i was a MEAN vehicle, handled like a gokart went like a beemer ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, not to mention that the BMW probably comes with an engine, a frame, and not much else. Every BMW I've ever owned and driven has been expensive on add-ons, nothing came with it, everything was an extra. I felt like I was ordering a meal and then being brought bread. Oh, you wanted an appetizer? Sure.. oh, you wanted a fork? No problem. Wait wait you wanted a PLATE? sure.

In any event, it's a nice car, but I bet someone pricing both out would stack'em up together and find the BMW to be a lot more expensive for the same features.
Joe
Completely agree!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Nah. First to market wins in my book. No looking back... no regrets. I love my CLA.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
No offical word yet on pricing, I'm betting under $40 like the rest of the 2 series lineup...

Theres much compromised on the CLA to get it under $30k ( and barely under) I'm willing to pay more money for more car...
I got my CLA with Premium/Multimedia/Sport packages as well as Bi-Xenon and Pano roof for $38K and change (negotiated) so that's not a base car. So if you're guess of under $40K to start for the 2-series then a similarly equipped one will cost a lot more.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got my CLA with Premium/Multimedia/Sport packages as well as Bi-Xenon and Pano roof for $38K and change (negotiated) so that's not a base car. So if you're guess of under $40K to start for the 2-series then a similarly equipped one will cost a lot more.

well current 1er starts at 31K which should stay consistent as it morphs into the 2 series this MY. Going off the only other GC in BMWs lineup, the 6, the price gap between a 6er and 6 GC is 3K.

So a speculative thought of 34K starting. All 1ers already come with BiXenons so they wont need to be added ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts