Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shortlist for the North American Car of the Year has been released and our friend the Mercedes-Benz CLA has clinched its spot on it. The next step in the competition will be reducing the shortlist to 3 finalists in December. Jurors will then vote on the 3 finalists, and the prize will be awarded at the North American international Auto Show in Detroit in January.

Here is the full list shortlist:

BMW 4-Series
Cadillac CTS
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Chevrolet Impala
Infiniti Q50
Jaguar F-Type
Kia Cadenza
Lexus IS
Mazda3
Mazda6
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
Toyota Corolla

Can the CLA make the top three? Who will win the big prize?????

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Q50 is a technology showcase, so I am concerned that the CLA could be bumped off in favor of the Q50. Not that I would ever buy a Q50 though!

And the F-Type is too beautiful...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am afraid that the CLA won't make the top three. It has been getting some mixed reviews as opposed to other cars on the list that have more consistently positive reviews. The Infiniti Q50 is great. So is the F-Type and the 4-Series. The Mazdas are great for their price point.

I am also surprised that the Model S didn't make the shortlist.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
The Q50 is a technology showcase, so I am concerned that the CLA could be bumped off in favor of the Q50. Not that I would ever buy a Q50 though!

And the F-Type is too beautiful...
Yeah I agree with you on that, the Q50 has got quite impressive with all the technology and features. I am still waiting in on how the Q90 (M Sedan) would turn out. I wouldn't buy one either.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think that the CLA has had some issues in reviews, I expect that other vehicles on the list have a better chance at winning the prize.

It is such a toss up though. How do you compare the Jaguar F-Type to the Toyota Corolla? Or the Mazda3 to the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Personally I don't think it'll make the cut.

It hasn't made the same kind of big splashes as the Mazda6, Stingray, or the Lexus IS has

1 - 6 of 6 Posts