Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CLA has been taking the US auto market on by storm, and Mercedes-Benz USA could not be happier.

MB USA President and CEO Steve Cannon was asked how big a percentage of CLA customer will be new to the Mercedes-Benz brand. His answer: "Sixty percent. It could be higher, but some of our customers are going to look at that car and go, 'wow: I've been waiting for that from you guys for years.' We're going against the last year of the C-Class life cycle. I'm not worried that the two will be complements to each other. [60%] is what the C-Class did, and [CLA] could probably do better."

The one problem that the MB CLA is facing in the US is not allocating enough units to keep up with the explosive demand.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
There are tons of them here in central NJ between half a dozen MB dealers. Not short on supply here.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I mean it has only been on sale for about a week right? I imagine that it would be a while to wait if your dealer runs out of on-the-lot models and you have to wait for another shipment. I think it will depend on the area you live in a lot too. Some places probably have more demand for Mercedes than others and those areas will find the CLAs will sell out faster than areas with less demand.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I think we have a pretty big demand here on the east coast but I think we're allocated accordingly. I'm sure MB did research to see market demands in various locations and allocate the quantities accordingly. Huge demand on the east coast but also have a huge inventory.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
There shouldn't be any shortage now from what you guys are pulling up. I am just wondering how long it takes for some to make the descision and just walk out with a purchase.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
There shouldn't be any shortage now from what you guys are pulling up. I am just wondering how long it takes for some to make the descision and just walk out with a purchase.
Several have. Me, I'm playing the waiting game. I'm waiting for the dealer to call me for a follow up and then I'll make an offer. If I don't hear from her after a week then I'll call her and see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeah, we cant keep them in stock! its crazy. we actually have one currently. universe blue. i doubt itll stick around though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
absolutely the goal of the CLA, on board everyone who could never have a Mercedes before... The only thing Mercedes is missing is even cheaper models ;) I mean the people purchasing CLA's aren't getting any richer... Does Mercedes honestly foresee CLA clients moving up market to an E or S.... I just dont see how this helps them in the long run except to transition themselves into a mainstream brand.

Already the CLA was designed to compete with loaded Fusions and Accords... what next Versas and Fiestas?

Good for MB, their plan is working perfectly...

·
Registered
57 Posts
ive talked to plenty of clients that are starting their business out and are using the CLA as a stepping stone, instead of continuing to save money for that E or C class they are purchasing the CLA. Alot of them are even putting down alot of cash as well. 10-20k

·
Registered
69 Posts
M-B has hit a huge homer with the CLA! In the Detroit-area about all I see are units for 38K or more without the options I want. AMG is probably the ticket (and I'll likely get some tickets driving it!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts