Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone's best friend the Environmental Protection Agency has just released its fuel economy rating for the CLA 250.

26 mpg city, 38 mpg highway and 30 mpg in combined fuel economy.

Looks like all that aerodynamic designing has paid off.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
As always I never trust the EPA figures because of how wrong they have been in the past. Real world numbers from real owners on this forum is what i will be looking forward to, to confirm EPA numbers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
my experience has always been that you can beat the epa numbers with judicious use of throttle. the manufacturer, i think, UNDERESTIMATES mileage. heaven forbid the epa comes down on mb

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
my experience has always been that you can beat the epa numbers with judicious use of throttle. the manufacturer, i think, UNDERESTIMATES mileage. heaven forbid the epa comes down on mb
You must drive barefoot with broken glass on the pedal. Even when driving carefully, I've never approached it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
my current benz 2010 c300 4 matic i can kiss 30 on highway. my prius over 50. my boxster a little over 30. on the highway you should hit it or beat . in town....well that is a way different story. i like quick acceleration so everything sucks except the pure joy of driving.so i guess you are right and i am at the same time. my feeling is that if the company has unrealistic highway mpg the epa WILL come after them ie ford hybrid (i forget the model)

·
Registered
91 Posts
dont know for sure. i bet they are using the cars computer. close enough for me. i know, i know, its better use old fashioned math for better accuracy but it is still good either way.

·
Registered
507 Posts
dont know for sure. i bet they are using the cars computer. close enough for me. i know, i know, its better use old fashioned math for better accuracy but it is still good either way.
Agreed I never trusted the on board computers. I used to have a Ford escape.. Powered by Microsoft. No thanks :)

I ride as well and my bike has no fuel gauge. You learn the math pretty quickly so you don't get stranded :eek:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I have never bothered to cross check, but there are numerous written reports that the onboard cmptrs. run about 10% "optimistic".

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
my feeling is that if the company has unrealistic highway mpg the epa WILL come after them ie ford hybrid (i forget the model)
It was the Fusion Hybrid. They claim 47 mpg highway but the EPA recently lowered it to 43 mpg due to many complaints from customers who said they can't even get close to that.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Agreed I never trusted the on board computers. I used to have a Ford escape.. Powered by Microsoft. No thanks :)

I ride as well and my bike has no fuel gauge. You learn the math pretty quickly so you don't get stranded :eek:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The trip computer in my Accord is pretty accurate. I compare what the computer says with my own calculations and it's pretty close, +/- 0.5 mpg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts