Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone had a doubt that the CLA would be successful, they can now put such doubt to rest. The CLA has been flying off of US dealer lots in its first week on sale selling an impressive 2,300 units.

CLA sales have boosted Mercedes-Benz ahead of BMW in the US luxury sales race, but Mercedes-Benz is still expected to lose this race in the end.

Auto analyst for Kelley Blue Book said, "As the bargain entrance into the Mercedes portfolio, we weren't sure how luxury buyers would react. Through one week, it looks like they're scooping it up."

·
Registered
945 Posts
Great numbers, I didn't expect it to do poor with sales at all, how can anyone turn up the opportunity to get a brand new $30k mercedes :D

Are sales still going smooth or are there delays being reported?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, I'm not sure it's a "luxury buyer" who are the major buyers. To be honest they're probably like I am. In their late 20s/early 30s who notice that they can get an entry luxury car at that price. People who are professionals who finally got a large enough paycheck to afford a somewhat non-practical car (if you're single) or a second nice car (if you've got a family). So I guess as a first time luxury buyer, but not a return luxury buyer. I'm sure those are there, but this car's really there to hook the younger ones earlier to build brand loyalty.

And as far as I've seen, none of the CLA250s I've seen in lots around here are cheaper than $37k (most are clustered around $40k), so they're not cheap at all.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I kind of saw it coming, for a mercedes to come at that starting price those who always dreamed of owning a mercedes can finally make it happen.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once all these people have their CLA for a little while we will see if they are still happy with their purchase. I know that the CLA has gotten mixed reviews, so I am thinking that some people may have complaints once the honeymoon is over. In the end it matters more that people bought the car in the first place though, not that they continue to love the car after they have bought it.

The CLA is a lesson in branding.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
so much for all those reviews saying the car aint really that good

seems like its doing pretty well actually :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
My local dealer usually only has 2 or 3 in stock at any given time. I tend to check their inventory from time to time and it gets emptied out pretty damn fast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts