Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulled this pic from the dilema thread... Check out the door on this E coupe....

no gaps... how hard is it really..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, when you're held to an artificial <30k price that is based off of a currency that's not your own, that may be why.

On the issue of panel gaps, I was wondering. Is the A-class door a little shorter and is the A and CLA-class door interior the same? It makes me wonder if this panel gap is from shared components on cars that are different.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well, when you're held to an artificial <30k price that is based off of a currency that's not your own, that may be why.

On the issue of panel gaps, I was wondering. Is the A-class door a little shorter and is the A and CLA-class door interior the same? It makes me wonder if this panel gap is from shared components on cars that are different.
$30k benz....i doubt we all expected it to be as perfect as an SLS AMG or S-Class.
Anyone who does is expecting the wrong thing.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
That's how a $60K Mercedes is built, not a $30K Mercedes.

Reactions: coco222

·
Registered
183 Posts
Reactions: booker

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry but since when did branding become a double standard. If Mercedes puts the Mercedes name on a product why is it so wrong to expect Mercedes quality? I mean its what they're known for isn't it?

So basically what y'all are saying is Mercedes is trading on their laurels?
@dbtk speechless, pure class ;) keep her safe

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Booker,

Thanks.

Ha ha, I think everyone here realizes that there are different levels of the value price luxury equation which Daimler employs to meet the expectations of it's different consumer segments.

I believe for the price MB has done a nice quality job of the CLA 250, while still offering a feature rich product.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Some are attracted to shiny things.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Some are attracted to shiny things.
Ha ha...so true, where appropriate. Mercedes yes, Porsches no.

Plus I'm Asian...we love shiny things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts