Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
If it voids MG's manufacturer's warranty then I'm not interested.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If it voids MG's manufacturer's warranty then I'm not interested.
That's for sure, it's not for everyone. A lot of people will be happy with the CLA they get without any need for more performance but I know if I had the coin I would probably drop by a tuner like weistec. i bet someone will.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
That's for sure, it's not for everyone. A lot of people will be happy with the CLA they get without any need for more performance but I know if I had the coin I would probably drop by a tuner like weistec. i bet someone will.
I would consider it after the warranty period expires.

·
Registered
257 Posts
there isn't enough rubber on the tires to last me a week with that car :D

I would love for them to experiment with the CLA and see what they can do with it.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
So jealous of matt farah. he always gets to drive and see the nicest cars. I wonder what he will be saying about the CLA AMG

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
so that the AC will stop working?

LOL kidding.

That is one powerful AMG

I'm not entirely sure how much more power you can get out of the CLA.

Maybe the regular 250 you could get probably an extra 50-100whp before the block explodes from the inside out?

I doubt the 45 AMG can handle more power safely.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so that the AC will stop working?

LOL kidding.

That is one powerful AMG

I'm not entirely sure how much more power you can get out of the CLA.

Maybe the regular 250 you could get probably an extra 50-100whp before the block explodes from the inside out?

I doubt the 45 AMG can handle more power safely.
Yeah chances are it will need some really good building of the internals to be able to safely pump out more power while still maintaining reliability. Sucks when you have a powerful car and it's not reliable at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It might be maxed out for reliability but it won't stop some from carnking the boost or even changing up the turbo. Then go kaplotz.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is one of those cars that can get you in to trouble without you even knowing. The CLA 45 AMG wouldn't be at the same level of performance as this E63 but still be fun.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
This is one of those cars that can get you in to trouble without you even knowing. The CLA 45 AMG wouldn't be at the same level of performance as this E63 but still be fun.
Yup, it's going to be tough to get in as much trouble with the CLA as the E in this thread would, but it's possible seeing how the CLA is lighter, not sure by how much though.

Maybe by 300-400 LBS?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts